Where oh where should I begin my customizaion?

madaopul

Reaction score
I have had my GNexus since it came out and due to work all I have had time to do is unlock the bootloader and root. I still haven't even changed from the stock background. I was just wandering what a good place to start is when it comes to roms, themes, apps etc. I feel as though I haven't even begun to keep up with what is going on recently and since I have time off of work for the holiday I can finally get into making it my own. I am open for any suggestions when it comes to anybodies favorite customizations available so far. Thanks.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Reaction score
The whole point of ICS is its UI. Don't change it. Maybe change the background and little things, but don't install a launcher or theme or any of that. As far as roms go, I have Android Revolution HD and I love it. It doesn't have any feature or UI changes but it has good performance and runs well. I definitely recommend it.

OP
madaopul

madaopul

Reaction score
Thanks a rom like that is what I am looking for and I did change launcher but it was only to NOVA which adds the extra couple features I like.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Exactly what I'm running. Revolution and the Nova launcher. Awesome combo so far that gives an enhanced stock experience.

wil318466

Reaction score
Without a doubt, and I've installed every combo so far, this is the best rom/kernal/mods I've ever installed. Download the rom, install, download the mod for blue keys at bottom and battery percentage to your liking. Combine that with NOVA launcher and you pretty much get the fastest phone on the planet. It's ridiculous.

Try it for yourself. Install just the rom and play with it. I've never seen any phone so responsive and fast.

|ROM| ZYGOT3 1.8 | APEX V4 KERNEL |12/23/2011| - RootzWiki

Screenshot_2011-12-24-00-49-18.png

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
What's this Nova Launcher? I can't seem to find it in the android market.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's this Nova Launcher? I can't seem to find it in the android market.

Check it out at XDA (if I remember correctly). A quick Google search for it should lead you to a download link.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JTAC

Reaction score
If you're not a fan of the permanent Google search widget, then load Nova Launcher. You can keep that widget or delete it. So far I am in between ROMs. Torn between Pete's Bugless Beast and Revolution HD. Both are impressive fast and responsive. Any feedback on other ROMs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've tried almost everyone of the available roms and they are all great. I've had no issue with any of them and battery life has been about the same so has speed and smoothness. There are some tremendous options right now and we're less than two weeks into the game!!