Where oh where has my battery gone?

maybbmay

Reaction score
I'm currently running 0.8.4 with a stock theme.

Maybe this is normal behavior but I can't seem to hold a battery charge too long. I've gone 9h 53m 12s since I last charged my battery and I'm sitting @ 20%.

Display is running 63% for 1h 32m 12s. My settings are auto brightness, 1 minute timeout, Auto Rotate, and all Animations. I haven't really used the phone much otherwise today.

Phone idle 18%
Cell Standby 16%
Voice calls 3%

Is there something I am missing here, or is this normal? I could have sworn I used my phone more on Friday (passing time at work) but only was down to 40% by 4:30. Today I'll be lucky to make it to 4:30 with a charge!

Any thoughts / feedback?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Have you set profiles up in SetCPU?? If not your Kernel is running full out and is draining the battery. Also, check to make sure you do not have WiFi on (my husband hits his all the time) cuz that will drain it too. On average with the stock kernel I am getting 16-17 hours with about 40% left when I plug it back up.

devinhfox

Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to use profiles, but set the min cpu speed to 250 or something like that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
maybbmay

maybbmay

Reaction score
Ya, whoops. Apparently when I re-rooted and flashed Sapphire again to fix my MMS and Market FC issues, I forgot SetCPU...doh. (Oy vey, should have known better)

velocity92c

Reaction score
I'm lucky if I get 5 hours out of my phone fully charged. You people that get double digit hourss make me so jealous. I dunno what it is. I drop my setcpu every 20% and almost always use the lowest brightness setting. I do have to use wifi all day as I have no cell service where I live but I never use gps. Sucks.

STX21

Reaction score
Auto brightness is probably losing you a couple of hours. Get rid of that and use the power widget it manually control your brightness.

Quantify

Reaction score
I'm lucky if I get 5 hours out of my phone fully charged. You people that get double digit hourss make me so jealous. I dunno what it is. I drop my setcpu every 20% and almost always use the lowest brightness setting. I do have to use wifi all day as I have no cell service where I live but I never use gps. Sucks.

lack of cell service will seriously drain your battery. Searching for a signal uses a lot of juice. I would consider using airplane mode, and then turning on Wifi (yes this works).

Armyof2

Reaction score

lack of cell service will seriously drain your battery. Searching for a signal uses a lot of juice. I would consider using airplane mode, and then turning on Wifi (yes this works).

Yeah i use my phone for music at work and i get no service...airplane mode is key before realizing i needed to turn it on i was down to like 20% by the time i left work but now that i figured out i need that on i'm at like 80% when i leave

OP
maybbmay

maybbmay

Reaction score
Well, I put SetCPU back on last night and sure enough it's almost 4:30 and I'm still at 70% battery.

Sorry for the bonehead thread folks! Thanks for the subtle reminder...hey you need SetCPU back on there dummy :)