Where is this icon on the home screen?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You know how on the computer, if you right click on a shortcut you can see the file path of the icon. How can I do that on the Droid? REASON: I can create a shortcut on my scrren but I want it in the dockbar. Using Launcher Pro so I can't just drag it down there cause it throws it in the trash. If i long press where I want it at, I can select "change icon" but I don't know where the icon is stored at.

turdbogls

Reaction score
in LP you can longpress "change shortcut" then you just make the shortcut whatever you want. if you are just wanting to put an app in there, it will automatically give you the default app. but if you want to make an actual shortcut (say to something in the settings) you will need a program like shorter cut, or better cut, to create a shortcut, and that will allow you to change your icon for the shortcut.

hope this answers your question, if not, just ask more questions, as i have LP and shortercut and know how to use them well.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You almost answered it. My issue is that, when I longpress to just change the icon I don't know where the new icon I want is actually at on my phone.

I am changing the phone icon. In the app drawer, it has the correct icon but in the launcher it has the stock icon. I can longpress it in my app drawer and make a shortcut with the corect icon but I can't change it in the dockbar without knowing where to find the icon on my phone.

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK i get it, you are trying to get rid of the white phone icon thing and replace it with the square blue one as it is shown in the app drawer.

i think the only thing you can do is find the icon online somewhere and save it do your SD card, and you will be able to get it like that. but i dont think you can take the image from the app file itself as i believe it is embedded into the .apk file. there are also plenty of icon apps that you can DL off the marketplace and use those ones.
again, let me know if i didn't answer your question...we will nail this one down soon enough

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK i get it, you are trying to get rid of the white phone icon thing and replace it with the square blue one as it is shown in the app drawer.

i think the only thing you can do is find the icon online somewhere and save it do your SD card, and you will be able to get it like that. but i dont think you can take the image from the app file itself as i believe it is embedded into the .apk file. there are also plenty of icon apps that you can DL off the marketplace and use those ones.
again, let me know if i didn't answer your question...we will nail this one down soon enough

No you answered it. I went hunting through the phone.apk and contacts.apk files but didn't see the icon in there.

1 sec. I'll show you visually.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok see the red phone icon there in the dockbar on the far left? I want to change that to the icon 2 abouve it. The one on the homescreen labeled phone. I just can't find the stupid icon..lol

Attachments

• snap20100830_155359.png
    snap20100830_155359.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 363

turdbogls

Reaction score
Ok I get it...I think the only way to do it is to get the image from your SD card. Contact the theme makerand see if you can get the file...other than that I think you are SOL