Icon bug (using Go Launcher EX)

Dmw017

Reaction score
The (SNES) shortcut won't stay in the controller icon like its supposed to. Its a Shortcut of a label in Folder Organizer with that designated icon. Whenever go launcher restarts, or I move the shortcut to the dockbar, the icon turns into the "show items in icon" icon, which is what I had the shortcut set to originally before changing it to the controller (changed via folder organizer app, not go launcher, which doesn't allow you to set it to an icon of other apps). That round colored icon in the dockbar is what my snes shortcut keeps changing to automatically
48e5e2d0-6760-52c5.jpg

Divide by zero, I dare you...

REMilk

Reaction score
I, too, encounter this problem with folder icons reverting to a prior icon. It seems to be a combination of using 'Go Launcher EX' and 'Folder Organizer'. I have not been able to determine if the problem is one with "Go Launcher EX" or a problem with "Folder Organizer". The strange thing is that it happens to one or two and not all.

Thanks to the icon replacement feature of "Go Launcher EX", I change the icon for the folder.

1. Locate the icon that you want for the folder, a .png file, (from the internet [there are many icon sites], inside app or app folder, etc) and put it on your SD card where you can access it.
2. Long Press the Folder that you want to fix the icon
3. Tap 'Replace'
4. Tap 'Custom icon'
5. Select [your file manager] and proceed to the location of the SD card where you stored the icon
6. Select the icon

Good Luck,
Bob

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
I, too, encounter this problem with folder icons reverting to a prior icon. It seems to be a combination of using 'Go Launcher EX' and 'Folder Organizer'. I have not been able to determine if the problem is one with "Go Launcher EX" or a problem with "Folder Organizer". The strange thing is that it happens to one or two and not all.

Thanks to the icon replacement feature of "Go Launcher EX", I change the icon for the folder.

1. Locate the icon that you want for the folder, a .png file, (from the internet [there are many icon sites], inside app or app folder, etc) and put it on your SD card where you can access it.
2. Long Press the Folder that you want to fix the icon
3. Tap 'Replace'
4. Tap 'Custom icon'
5. Select [your file manager] and proceed to the location of the SD card where you stored the icon
6. Select the icon

Good Luck,
Bob

Sounds like a good workaround. Hopefully the Custom Icon option won't my shortcut as a box shaped icon with a pic in it.

Edit: Tested the icon bug in ADW Launcher, nothing happened. The problem seems to be with Go Launcher. Maybe reinstalling it would help?

Last edited:

REMilk

Reaction score
Sounds like a good workaround. Hopefully the Custom Icon option won't my shortcut as a box shaped icon with a pic in it.

Edit: Tested the icon bug in ADW Launcher, nothing happened. The problem seems to be with Go Launcher. Maybe reinstalling it would help?

I also had this happen with the stock launcher on my Droid.

Bob

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Shoot even the names of the shortcuts revert back to a previous one. This bug is becoming a pain.

REMilk

Reaction score
Shoot even the names of the shortcuts revert back to a previous one. This bug is becoming a pain. .

I, personally, like the cleaner look that comes by hiding the icon names on the Home Screen/Launcher, so I never saw this part of the problem! I do not care if someone else does not understand my icons.

Lizx3

Reaction score
Do you have Snesoid stored on your SD card? Last night all of the apps that I moved to my SD card got all messed up on my homescreen and when I fixed them after I restarted the phone it just happened again. I moved them to my phone and they are fine now.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Do you have Snesoid stored on your SD card? Last night all of the apps that I moved to my SD card got all messed up on my homescreen and when I fixed them after I restarted the phone it just happened again. I moved them to my phone and they are fine now.

Just checked, snesoid was on my phone but just in case I tried moving it to the sd card and back to phone but the bug didn't go away.
I find it weird that only my snes shortcuts icon and name revert back ti a previous state while all the other shortcuts only have their name changed back but the icons are fine.

REMilk

Reaction score

This problem has been brought up several times before on the forums. I also have this problem where apps the are moved to the SD card or media storage get clobbered and have to be either moved back or just reinstalled.