"Application is not installed on your phone" when creating a shortcut?

gszeman

Reaction score
**Resolved**

Hello,

I am at a loss. I am trying to put a shortcut for the phone (com.android.phone) in my launcher bar (Helix1). Here is what I did and what is happening.

I am running BB1.0 with Team Chaos Dark Edge theme. all of the apps I want in the launcher bar are themed with the DE icons. I wanted to change these to the deviantart devine icons. I long pressed the screen, selected Shortcuts>>Better Cut>>Activity>>Phone (Contacts - DialtactsActivity). I then change the icon and click create. I did the same for Messaging, Market and E-mail. Messaging, Market and E-mail all work fine...I click the icon and it takes me to the app. Phone however, says "Application is not installed on your phone". If I open the app drawer and long press Phone, I can place it on the screen and it works fine. But when I try to create a shortcut for it...I get that error. So, I placed the icon on the screen from the app drawer, made sure it worked fine, opened Better Cut and selected Edit Shortcut. I navigated to the phone shortcut I just placed on the screen and selected it, changed icon and clicked create. When I go back to the screen it was on, there are now 2 icons for phone there...the one I dragged from the app drawer, and a new one with the icon I want. The one from the app drawer works, and the new one doesn't!

Any ideas? Could it be a Better Cut issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited:
OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
[sarcasm]Awesome...thanks for all of the replies.[/sarcasm]

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Hmmm...no one?

I bet if the title of this thread was something like:

Help, I br1cked my ph0ne!!1!!, or

When is droid getting 2.2?, or

Should I trade my droid for the incredible, or

How do I root?...

I bet I would have gotten tons of responses...even though a search would have answered their question...but a new issue...gets nothing.

:frustrated:

Weapondrift

Reaction score
please calm down. sometimes it takes people a few days to respond simply because they are either busy, or not at the computer, or looking for the answer. Since I am not rooted >.> I can only offer my limited support.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised your attempt to edit the already exisiting phone icon didn't work. I've done that exact method with Helix1 and 2 and it worked each time. It could be a bettercut issue b/c it sure sounds like that should work. Have you tried the "edit existing" method with other "apps" besides the phone?

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I'm surprised your attempt to edit the already exisiting phone icon didn't work. I've done that exact method with Helix1 and 2 and it worked each time. It could be a bettercut issue b/c it sure sounds like that should work. Have you tried the "edit existing" method with other "apps" besides the phone?
I think one of the devs helped him out suggesting he reinstall the program he was using/or using another entirely :)

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
I think one of the devs helped him out suggesting he reinstall the program he was using/or using another entirely :)

Yeah, Titans suggested I use Any Cut...I was able to add the shortcut using Any Cut and then edit the shortcut using Better Cut. For some reason when Better Cut creats the Phone shortcut it messes up the association...not sure why. I had no other issues with adding shortcuts with Better Cut with any of the other apps/activities, and had previously used Better Cut to create a phone shortcut...so I know it had worked before. A reinstall of Better Cut didn't resolve it.

Thanks for the help. Sorry I got pissy...I was going on 48 hours with no sleep and was frustrated. My bad.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Sorry I got pissy...I was going on 48 hours with no sleep and was frustrated. My bad.

Its all good man. As just a simple suggestion I would advise that you get some sleep next time so you dont say something to offend anyone or worse, get yourself banned. :)