Where is my 4G, 3G???

hexoneism

Reaction score
Sick and tired of having no 4G, 3G or anything at sporadic times, and sometimes when I need it the most. I don't want to this fone to turn into a headache. Any help??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

warren83

Reaction score
I am in the same boat...Mine keeps dropping 3g so I emailed Verizon today with my frustrations. I am expecting no response but you never know.

marc434

Reaction score
I am having the same problem....I believe it started after the ota upgrade....getting very annoyed. Anyone out there with a solution.....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not too much we can do, unfortunately. Part of the problem is the network, which can go out for a day. Some phones seem to drop out easier than others, even if it's the same model. Some have updated manually to 5.9.901, but there is no guarantee.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
All of you having issues should really take a minute and call vzw. I have a $10 a month credit to my bill for the next year. Granted that does not make up for my frustration..at least im not paying full price for a jacked network.

notoriousplaya9

Reaction score
I actually stumbled upon a pretty good solution that works for me so far.. I installed juice defender which i had on my DROID 2 and worked pretty well so I thought it'd work good for my bionic, and ive been pleased so far with the battery saving. What im really happy for is the built in 4 g toggle when u turn the screen off, it solves the problem so far with me

jersey484

Reaction score
Just talked with the big v for a little last night. My reason for calling was for the intermittent data connectivity. While I don't like the short term solution, it almost makes sense for a new tech such as 4g. To address those that lose data all across the board; its a pain in the ass but pull the bay and then the Sim. Wait 2 then reboot. If you don't manually switch between 4g and 3g BEFORE you cross into a questionable area, the antennas work against themselves and end up causing data loss. This is a hardware/software problem, but the only thing I try to remember is...this is new tech. The antennas working against themselves has been gong on since before the OS update. It plagues all 4g phones. The only time you won't see it is of you don't travel(no switching of cell towers), or manage your coverage based on what you know about the areas you're in. So far if I remember toselect between the two coverages before I travel into an area without 4g,, then there is no problem. You MUST pull bat while on, then remove Sim, wait 2, then continue on before what i'm saying can work. Let's hope they figure outa fix for this soon.

PS: Purplfreak - I love getting money back from big v. What was your argument?

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I simply reminded them they advertised a product that was to "rule all machines" when the truth is, it really cant even rule itself. :/

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I've gotten $30 first month, $10 second month, $30 third month. I just remind whoever is on the phone at the time, if I don't pay my bill what would you do? Well if you don't provide the service you promise what should I do? They usually right away give me a credit.

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC