Where does Buzz pull my name from?

joker920

Reaction score
Ok so I posted a comment on someone's buzz and it posted my full name. While I am certainly not hiding anything, I am also not a big fan of having my full name broadcasted all over the place. I would be happy to just have it give my first name or first name and initial of last name.

Where is buzz pulling my name from and how can I change it?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I posted a comment on someone's buzz and it posted my full name. While I am certainly not hiding anything, I am also not a big fan of having my full name broadcasted all over the place. I would be happy to just have it give my first name or first name and initial of last name.

Your Goole profile. Quite a few get surprised by that. You make your first post and there, on Google maps, is your picture, your name, and your address (if you posted from your phone from home)

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google Mobile/thread?tid=3bf6c38ee92652fd&hl=en

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score

i belive buzz is linked to your google account, so you would have to change settings there.. log into iGoogle from your PC

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And if you post comments in the Market, that name comes from your nickname in your G Mail account. Google knows all!

OP
joker920

joker920

Reaction score
SWEET!!!

Thanks!

FYI to all. Google requires a first and last name to use buzz and Latitude but doesn't seem too picky about what it is. I made my last name a period.