1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Where do new folders go?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by dmitri8, Oct 21, 2010.

1. dmitri8

dmitri8 New Member

Hi everyone,

Just got the HTC Droid two days ago; it's one amazing piece of machinery!

I'm new to the android OS, so I'm hoping some of the gurus here will be able to help...

I want to know where (in the file system/ directory structure) does it put the new folders that you create (by holding a finger down on) the "desktop"? I've looked and looked online, but found nothing about it...

TIA

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Easiest way to do this is to get a file manager like Linda or Astro, that is if the incredible doesn't come with one. Once you've installed the file manager do a search for the folder. You will see the folder and the path to where it is stored. And :welcome: to the forum. :)
  3. dmitri8

dmitri8 New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually have one of those installed (incidentally called "File Manager" :)) but it doesn't have a search function... I installed Aurora which is supposed to look for files too IINM, but it didn't find that either...

Downloading Astro... will try that one in a minute.

OK done.
    Well, that didn't find it either. (Though the app itself looks better than the File Manager, so I'm keeping it -- thanks for the tip!)
    I'm starting at the root (/) and the 'include directory names' option is checked... But it reports "nothing found"...
    [​IMG]

Could it be that Android doesn't store those type of folders' names in plain text or something?
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
Search tags for this page
android desktop file location

android desktop folder location

android desktop folder path

android desktop location

android desktop path
android path to desktop folder
create a folder on desktop android htc incredible

htc incredible desktop folder

where are desktop folders located android
where do folders go on droid