Where do installed apps go?

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I was seeking an auto text app. I downloaded HandCent. I see that its installed but dont see the icon to place settings

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Where are you looking? Should be in your app drawer. If you want it on your home screen long press and the menu for shortcuts will come up.

Sent from somewhere...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly. If it doesn't show up in your app drawer and should be, try rebooting your phone.

Where are you looking? Should be in your app drawer. If you want it on your home screen long press and the menu for shortcuts will come up.

Sent from somewhere...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
akosnitzky

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Thank you. I did the reboot. I installed TweetDeck with no problem. Handcent doesnt show. Is it possible that it is not supposed to be visible?

It does show in my Application Management section.

pyro6128

Reaction score
are you sure you installed handcent and not a plugin or font pack for it or something to that effect. Its very odd that an app like that would not show up at all

OP
akosnitzky

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Handcent Keyboad shows in my app management. Maybe there is a compatability issue Are their other autotext apps?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If it were a compatibility issue, we would've heard a lot more users saying the same thing (unless I've just missed them). Are you sure you installed the app? Sounds like it just installed the font pack instead.

Handcent Keyboad shows in my app management. Maybe there is a compatability issue Are their other autotext apps?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
akosnitzky

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Thank you. If you want to share with others, I did install the proper app but it doesnt get launched. I since found this "FAQ" link. :)

FAQ

ballerv24

Reaction score
You said that you downloaded Handcent Keyboard. The app that you are looking for is Handcent SMS.
The keyboard likely shows up when you longpress on a text-input field. Just search for Handcent SMS and you should be set.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea the keyboard wont work on its own, you need handcent sms, the keyboard is just an add on, so it wouldnt show up in your app drawer

OP
akosnitzky

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Thank you for all the responses I found FireKeys which works great

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and its autotext will only work with Handcent. If you want autotext in all fields you need to download a keyboard app with the feature, not an add-on for Handcent which is a Messaging app.