When Updating My Nexus One to 2.2 - I Get This Message

DanielGrimaldi

Reaction score
On my Nexus One

When I hit the recovery I get a "Can't Open /Coache/recovery/command

what am i doing wrong?

Droids

Reaction score
There was some talk about this error over in the xda forums. Can't find the specific thread or posts, and there are a lot, but it's someplace to start.
Nexus One General - xda-developers

If you're not bone stock on the N1, I thing you'll get that error, but there's a rom for rooted N1's already.

OP
D

DanielGrimaldi

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

I found the problem, just a few weeks ago I got my frist mac computer and looks like when you download a zip file Safari "helps" you out by un zipping for you, making copies and putting the original zip in the trash.

I had to change the name of the file on the original that was in the trash to "update.zip". If I did it on the "copies" the update wouldn't work.

vedwed

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

I found the problem, just a few weeks ago I got my frist mac computer and looks like when you download a zip file Safari "helps" you out by un zipping for you, making copies and putting the original zip in the trash.

I had to change the name of the file on the original that was in the trash to "update.zip". If I did it on the "copies" the update wouldn't work.

Thats Mac crap for ya. Glad you figured it out, I have had this issue on my son's macbook and was gonna ask if that may be your problem as well