When to charge???

jmwelton

Reaction score
I am receiving my tb in the mail tomorrow and i was wondering should i use the battery with what every charge it has till it dies then charge it to full or charge it to full right out of the box?? srry if this is a dumb question i jus thought u drain the battery before u charge it for the first time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am receiving my tb in the mail tomorrow and i was wondering should i use the battery with what every charge it has till it dies then charge it to full or charge it to full right out of the box?? srry if this is a dumb question i jus thought u drain the battery before u charge it for the first time.

Absolutely not. The lithium battery has no memory. Charge whenever you feel like it.

To run it down completely is actually harmful. You can do it occasionally, maybe once every couple of months. Some think that's actually good, I never do it that way.

Just charge whenever, if you are in a 4G area you will have to charge frequently anyway.

OP
J

jmwelton

Reaction score
o ok thx i did not know that was harmful... and no im not currently in a 4g area

sonnl

Reaction score
I put mine on the charger whenever it hits 50% so about every hour

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Ive read.. that with this type of battery.. you should fully charge it and fully discharge it to calibrate it.... So your Battery Meter shows the correct % of battery remaining...

How to prolong lithium-based batteries – Battery University

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery."[/FONT]

ras0787

Reaction score

Absolutely not. The lithium battery has no memory. Charge whenever you feel like it.

To run it down completely is actually harmful. You can do it occasionally, maybe once every couple of months. Some think that's actually good, I never do it that way.

Just charge whenever, if you are in a 4G area you will have to charge frequently anyway.
+1 Yes I've been told the same thing as well. I don't wait til my phone is dead to charge it. I charge every night and in the afternoon sometimes depending on how much I used it during the the day.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ras0787

Reaction score
Ive read.. that with this type of battery.. you should fully charge it and fully discharge it to calibrate it.... So your Battery Meter shows the correct % of battery remaining...

How to prolong lithium-based batteries – Battery University

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery."[/FONT]

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App