4G Seems To Be Issue

dudewdroid

Reaction score
I just purchased my TB on Thursday. I played with it during the afternoon and did not notice a real battery issue. I live and work in areas that both get good 4G signal. I charged the phone to full Thursday before I went to bed and then took it off charge and set my alarm. Well the alarm never went off 8 hours later because the phone died sometime during the night! I called Verizon and spoke with a Tech who says that the TB is having some problems and it is normal for the battery to only last around 6 hours with no use.... WHAT??? She also stated that they are working to correct the issue and an update will be done in about a month.... Well I just cant have a phone that last 6 hours so I tried several things listed here on the fourms..... None worked while connected to 4G with a stock TB.... I then picked up the Phone Info app and switched my service to 3G only and I am now getting the same or better battery life then my Droid2.... I hate that I cant keep the phone on constant 4G but I guess this is better than nothing till Verizon can come up with a fix.....

Just my two cents....

OP
D

dudewdroid

Reaction score
Ok maybe im missing something... I thought I would try doing some test 3G vs 4G and recording the battery activity.

I am now at 5 hours since full charge and am on 4G. I have done a few txt and a few short calls and I am at 87% battery....

Im I missing something???? If I would have done this yesterday I would have already been at like 50%.......

Dont get me wrong I am happy my phone has decided to work correct but what gives???

Last edited:
OP
D

dudewdroid

Reaction score
Well here is my log for the day. I have used it normal all day and am getting what I would expect out of the battery. Not sure what I did to get it to work correct but im sure glad it came around...dancedroid The only thing I did is open all my apps and tell them to not auto update and kill all of Verizons crap that keeps poping up in the background like Navigator and VZ Apps.

If it will only continue to stay this way I could live with it but it only lasting a few hours like it did the other night is not gonna cut it...

All on 4G LTE
1045AM 100%
1145AM 100%
1245PM 96%
145PM 93%
245PM 89%
345PM 87%
445PM 79%
545PM 72%

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
So basically, if your caught without a charger for the night and need to set the alarm enable 3g or go airplane mode. No big deal.

Sherry

Reaction score
I did a few of the tweaks that cut the auto update and connect apps I do not use and turned off 4G a couple of days ago. Yesterday I unplugged my phone about 7:30am and have not recharged since. I used it to play games, email, talk, surf, listen to music and watch a video. My phone is currently at about 20% battery left. I can live with this.