1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WOW! 2x Battery

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by ajk23az, Jul 15, 2011.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

I was just searching the market this morning, bored at work and came across this.

What it does it turn off the data connection while your phone is asleep and every 15 minutes, turns it back on to get texts and push notifications and everything.

Ever since this last update, my Thunderbolt even had worse battery life, even on 3G (lasted about 10-11 hours max), didn't try a full battery on 4G but it went down a lot quicker, guessing around 6-8 hours max.

Anyways, downloaded it around 5 am this morning and after 8 hours my battery (always on 3G) is still at 50%.

Pretty nice!
  2. badmeat

badmeat New Member

Sounds like its just disabling "always on mobile data" which you can do in the Mobile Network Settings

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

I think the point is that the app the OP found does it for you and you'll still get push notifications, etc. every 15 min. Sweet find, we'll all need it as we upgrade devices.
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Exactly. Nobody likes going into settings and pushing all those buttons to turn it off and on all the time.

I know I'm going to keep using this app. Since I posted this, my battery has gone down only 9% in 4 hours! (Granted, it is with minimal use since I was sitting in a movie for 2 of those).

I'm going to test it on 4G tomorrow.
  5. awdwhip

awdwhip New Member

To the OP, what app do you speak of? You don't mention any app name.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

It's called 2x Battery.
  7. awdwhip

awdwhip New Member

Oh! lol! The name of your title sounded like you literally got 2x the battery life so it threw me off. I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens.
  8. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Haha no problem. I can see how it can be confusing!

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  9. brockeverly

brockeverly New Member

Downloading now, trying to get through a full day on a Seidio 1600mah battery. I really do not want to give in and buy a Seidio 3200mah.
  10. badmeat

badmeat New Member

I still get notifications with Always on mobile Data disabled.

All these battery saving / task killing apps are a placebo...but run it if you like it.

11. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

How is it a placebo when I've lost only 7% with 4g on in 3 hours?

Before I started running it, I would already be down to 60%. 4g would last at max 7.5 hours.

works for me, don't care if it didn't for you! =)

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  12. badmeat

badmeat New Member

Peoples' ignorance is the problem with the Thunderbolt. The display is the largest user of battery. Period. Unless you're an extremely light user.
    Not to get into a pissing match, but what's the total time that your display has been on in those 3 hours? 20 minutes?
    Mine has been off for 4 hours, display has been on for 1 hour, 25 minutes of those 4 hours and my extended battery is at 86%.

13. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Couldn't really tell you that because I never turn my phone off. Awake time says 12 hours, and total up time is at 57 hours. I never reset it.

Id much rather have this app running then an ugly looking extended battery.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  14. badmeat

badmeat New Member

Settings > about phone > battery > battery use > display
    If you're a heavy user, the display % will easily be 70% plus
    If I didn't have the extended battery, I'd be charging my phone 2-3 times daily since I use it constantly for work. Run your app all you want...its simply enabling/disabling functions on the phone that you could easily do manually, with a little phone know-how.
    Glad it works for you.

15. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Display is taking up 66%, time on is 55 minutes for the day. Took phone off charger at 430am this morning. 6 hours, and my battery is at 75%.

And I realize that this app does it for you, isn't that the point of an app?? Make things easier on a person? Nobody wants to go into settings every time to switch it off manually.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  16. badmeat

badmeat New Member

There's no "every time".

You uncheck a box.....Once.

17. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Still have to manually refresh data in apps. Something some don't want to do all the time, but be my guest.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  18. thunderbornick

thunderbornick New Member

Gotta say I was highly skeptical but this app is really good. I used to say I was constantly "castrating" my phone just to get maybe 10 hours out of it. Doing the badmeat way and manually turning on and off my 4G connection, disabling background data, syncing manually etc.

I find that with 2X installed I get more consistent app updating, email alerts and have been averaging 18 hours per charge with moderately heavy use. I was about to toss the phone until I installed it!

Best thing though: its still basically doing what I did, however it isn't in my face. The most frustrating thing is physically turning down every possible option on a phone you paid a rather large sum of money for due to its implied speed and sophistication, only to find that it then doesn't do anything you bought it for!
  19. Crazed_Z06

Crazed_Z06 New Member

You dont know what you're talking about.

Yes, the display eats a lot of battery, but you know what else burns crazy battery and isnt even shown in the usage stats? The 4G radio. Juice defender works essentially the same way as this 2X battery app.

It turns off the radios when you power off the display. It's no placebo. Without JD, my phone lasts about 12 hours with barely any use. With JD, I can get 24 hours or more.

Yes, a person could manually turn off data and wifi manually all the time, or the app can do it for you when you power off the screen. It's a lot more convenient.

Even though JD works great, I dont like using it because i dont like waiting for the data connection to re-establish when I power on the screen. As such, i just keep chargers everywhere.
  20. badmeat

badmeat New Member

That's great if you don't need to be alerted of emails or anything when they come through (I'm in sales, so its a must). So with me, it would be counter-productive to my career.

And the 4G radio is shown under the battery usage, its part of the Android OS....if you were on 3g constantly, it would use less than if you had 4g on and Android were utilizing a slower data connection. 4g DOES NOT USE ANY MORE BATTERY, IT IS A CATALYST THAT ALLOWS THE APPLICATIONS/ANDROID OS TO RUN FASTER AND TRANSFER DATA FASTER. This results in a larger drain of power. Think of it as a car with a 4 cylinder engine compared to a V8. Sure, the underpowered car will still get to 100mph eventually, but the V8 will get there quicker, while using more fuel.

Like I said previously, because of ignorance of users, applications that advertise 'battery saving' are more worth while to others than those of us that know what the hell we are doing. For me, the app has no value.

Thanks for playing.

Search tags for this page

2x battery push notifications

2x battery notification weird
2x battery day mode stopped data enabled options are uncheck

2x battery ayarlarä±

2xbattery vs green power app
2x battery settings

2x battery setting

best setting for 2x battery
best settings for 2x battery