Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait awhile to see if any good roms release

• Not gonna root.

• Total voters

Kack

Reaction score
if you are familiar with adb and can follow directions its fairly easy to root.
there will probably be an easier method for root soon but it is probably recommended to read and learn some of what it does and how to benefit from having root access so that your not in a bind when you really need your phone and it isnt working properly.

funkyb

Reaction score
I am new to android but very familiar with Linux. Adb doesn't scare me, but I do want to get the first round of OTA updates. After rooting, do you have to wait for cracked versions of new firmware or can u still get them OTA?

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android

kerrdj

Reaction score
I too have 2 questions about rooting that dont seem to have been answered yet.
1. is it the rooting itself or the installation of a new rom that voids the warranty?
2. do you still get updates to a rooted phone?

thanks

hogowner

Reaction score
I too have 2 questions about rooting that dont seem to have been answered yet.
1. is it the rooting itself or the installation of a new rom that voids the warranty?
2. do you still get updates to a rooted phone?

thanks

rooting voids the warranty
when I had my DROID1 which was rooted...I didn't get any over the air updates....

bhall238

Reaction score
I agree with an earlier poster, I want to wait until a method is out that is fool proof, or nearly so. The only thing I'm liking less on the Thunderbolt over my Droid I is that there is even more c#&p bloat from Verizon on it. It's not Motorola or HTC it's Verizon.

kerrdj

Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply and clarification hogowner... and thats coming from a kawi-owner lol

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I just rooted. I'm gonig to figure out titanium and eradicate the bloat tomorrow night.

nybadboy11

Reaction score
I would like to know how I'm blind on how to root the tb

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

kerrdj

Reaction score
i think im going to wait until the TB can be overclocked and see what kind of results people get from that. right now the phone is fast enough to make me happy and i just organized the app drawer to only show the apps i wanted so im not desperate to remove them right now...

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Quadrant Standard score was around 1650, both before and after rooting. I just now installed SetCPU and, although it maxed out at 1024MHz, my QS score jumped up to 1857. dancedroid

Now for some 1.8GHZ, low-voltage overclocking kernels...

Reaction score
i already rooted and wont look back...just waiting for some sense roms, im good with what I have already now that I got the crap gone..tho I need to get my lets golf back..

mthorn79

Reaction score
Waiting for a build to come out for that is a Gingerbread build...also don't see the point in rushing when I can't even enjoy overclocking it yet. I'm not bursting a capillary to get bloatware removed, doesn't bother me a bit...actually helps me keep track of my wife's usage. I dunno how many times I had to reflash my Droid because a newer &better build was available a week later. I'm pulling mid 1800 quadrant scores all day long so Im satisfied for now.

Just rooted for the hell of it. Actually ran quicker quadrant scores, hmm, go figure.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

androidgeek

Reaction score
This is my second night with my new toy. I've rooted all my phones so far but this one I'm waiting to see what happens. I really don't need teathering (yet) and this thing is plenty fast. I will root and flash when there is a low kernel that improves battery life. Not that big of deal yet so I'm holding out for now. See you on the 2.3.3 side!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

brad r

Reaction score
It might be sad, but the primary reason I want to root is so that I can use TiBu to restore my Angry Birds data.

kerrdj

Reaction score
As soon as there is a new overclock kernal i am there... ive already got most everything i need downloaded, everything is set up on my computer and ready to go.