Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait awhile to see if any good roms release

• Not gonna root.

• Total voters

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I will probably try it right at the store if something like unrevoked will be available at the time .

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you ever plan on doing anything ROM or kernel related, even if you plan on leaving it stock for a year, what's the point in not rooting it immediately?

You don't have to change anything after rooting but you can run all sorts of nice apps requiring root access. I plan on rooting immediately but will wait a while before installing any ROM's. I'll most likely download a tethering app and some housecleaning apps requiring root but will leave it otherwise "stock" for a while and see what ROM's emerge. :icon_eek: I suspect I'll try some ROM's before summer's out but I rather liked the EVO I played with for a few minutes a couple months ago. Sense is pretty nice as far as skins go.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Agreed. I will root asap so I can use Titanium backup and sleep at night as well as easily move some databases from some homegrown apps.

craigboy

Reaction score
Question for people: If you root but don't ROM will you still get over the air updates? I rooted and ROM'ed my OG droid so long ago that I pretty much never got OTA updates. Since there is the rumor that our TB's will be getting netflixs, google music and other goodies very soon I want make sure I get those updates before I start messing around with ROMs.

Nukewire

Reaction score
Question for people: If you root but don't ROM will you still get over the air updates? I rooted and ROM'ed my OG droid so long ago that I pretty much never got OTA updates. Since there is the rumor that our TB's will be getting netflixs, google music and other goodies very soon I want make sure I get those updates before I start messing around with ROMs.

There is most likely nothing that will stop you from going back to a stock Rom once you have rooted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sportadic22

Reaction score
another option should have been :

--- as soon as a safe easyish root / recovery comes available. :)
id choose that one haha

Reaction score
been rooted for about 30 minutes now oonly problem is clockworkmod recovery doesnt have a select button yet

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
I'm waiting for unRevoked too...the way that's out now seems overly complicated for my ZERO knowledge of using ADB...anyone have any clue when/if it's coming...I see early next week

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Rooting the TB looks too complicated this early on for myself, and I can't afford to just buy another phone if I managed to brick this one despite my success with rooting the droid 1. I would have opted for a 1 year warranty, but I have 5 lines on my account and have to upgrades eligibility dates for the month of July. Although upgrades appear yearly for my account, I ask myself is paying well over $200 bucks a month worth.

Sherry

Reaction score
When someone releases a "Rooting - for Thunderbolt Dummies"!! I rooted the Q9C and my first D1, not my second, so it has been a while and am not confident. But I hate the bloatware and that alone is worth the root.

dialntone

Reaction score
awesome tb phone

i wish i wasnt a noob at this but, i also cant afford to brick or mess anything up. i can review this phone rooting on youtube, but i just dont know if i should do it yet. i have two issues w this phone. the recording volume, and battery life. other than that the phone works great. i was able to tether my connection and my laptop was downloading torrents like 1 mb a sec. its so freaking fast. but why doesnt my phone download 1mb a sec in the background on my tb?

chykal

Reaction score
Just did

I just followed the procedure and booted into CWM recovery. Time to start having fun. :)