What's up with SoundHound?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I decided I like Shazam better and went to retire SoundHound. It's in my app drawer but doesn't appear in my apps. Was this thing actually pre-installed? It's also now called Hound and links to SoundHound in the market don't work.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By far Soundhound is my favorite music ID app. I gave up on Shazam when they decided to start charging after 4 or 5 song ID's and turned to Soundhound. What an awesome app. How to delete the icon, sorry, I can't help you there.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
I like Shazam's lyrics and its speed. SoundHound was failing for me often and has no lyrics.

Insidious

Reaction score
I find quite the opposite. Shazaam has always been slower for me, but I havent tried it in a while.

Sent from Skynet

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah Soundhound works great for me and the lyrics always come up. My friend that has an Iphone uses Shazam and he ID'd a song and it didn't render lyrics or year released, I did it on Soundhound and I got the year and lyrics.

As far as deleting your icon, do you have the paid version of Soundhound or the free one? I bought the full version when the Play Store had it on sale for 49 cents, amazing deal.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Shazam and Soundhound, I have the paid version both, (free). Neither is the "best". Why? Because sometimes Shazam will tag a song that Soundhound can't and sometimes Soundhound will tag a song that Shazam can't... So the best one is having both, FTMFW.
6z8y1t.jpg

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Both sounds good. I think I know what's up with SoundHound for me. I believe I got it from Amazon as part of their earlier sales. Would that keep it out of the Market list?

Reaction score
I like shazam alot very quick on telling you what song it is and now shazam shows lyrics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
Shazam and Soundhound, I have the paid version both, (free). Neither is the "best". Why? Because sometimes Shazam will tag a song that Soundhound can't and sometimes Soundhound will tag a song that Shazam can't... So the best one is having both, FTMFW.

I had both, then got the paid SH that was free app. I deleted Shazam as SH id'ed more songs. However I should have DL'd Shazam's premium when it was $.10 as lately there are some SH songs that won't come up.

Mainly some spanish and some christian songs.