what's up in the galaxy nexus mods/roms?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
This may or may not be a dumb topic but I'm wondering whats been going on with modding for the galaxy nexus i haven't seen any new aokp milestones im on 6 has ota jelly bean came out yet? Are there roms for it? Has cm9 or cm10 build been officially released i been searching around and haven't found anything new

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This may or may not be a dumb topic but I'm wondering whats been going on with modding for the galaxy nexus i haven't seen any new aokp milestones im on 6 has ota jelly bean came out yet? Are there roms for it? Has cm9 or cm10 build been officially released i been searching around and haven't found anything new

No JB OTA on the Verizon Nexus yet, officially at least. There is a new ICS OTA going around, which dumbs down the search feature.

There are tons of JB ROMs. Probably 20+ ROMs that update semi-regularly. And probably just shy of 10 kernels as well.

No new AOKP milestones yet, they decided to start from scratch basically, rather than just porting what they had done from ICS. They had better ideas to implement some of the features, and other stuff. They recently did a JB Build 1. There are tons of nightlies as well "official", "pure", and "cherry picked" .

CM9 did go official. Last I heard they were going to slow down/stop development on ICS and put all of their effort into CM10. CM10 I believe have official nightlies, but they haven't hit an RC or anything that I know of just yet.

As to why you aren't finding anything, I guess it depends on where you are looking. Rootzwiki? XDA? Those would probably be the most ideal places to look for new ROMs. Unfortunately there are only a few devs, who post here. XDA and RW are much more active in the ROM sections.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
running AOKP JB build 1 right now, completely stable and buttery smooth. Last I heard CM10 was still on nightlies.

check out our sister site for more info on the aosp ROMs there (here's a master list): Galaxy Nexus ROMs [LTE/CDMA]

And like cup said, check XDA and RW, they tend to stay the most up to date with ROMs.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

You need a new search engine :blink::p