My Galaxy Nexus is UNLOCKED but NO Superuser?????????

mormile

Reaction score
hey guys, i just got a new galaxy nexus bc i dropped my other one and it cracked bad.. Anyways, it came back and its still Unlocked, but i dont have Superuser on it anymore?? But for some reason i have VZ backup assistant and my verizon mobile now installed...

I want to put CM9 on it, i had AOKP forever but dont i need Superuser to run the ROM and or Kernel i put on??

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
hey guys, i just got a new galaxy nexus bc i dropped my other one and it cracked bad.. Anyways, it came back and its still Unlocked, but i dont have Superuser on it anymore?? But for some reason i have VZ backup assistant and my verizon mobile now installed...

I want to put CM9 on it, i had AOKP forever but dont i need Superuser to run the ROM and or Kernel i put on??

I answered you in your other thread.

E2A http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/213969-unlocked-but-no-superuser.html

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You were given a factory refurb that is already unlocked. Meaning, someone had it before you, unlocked it (and did whatever), then returned it to Verizon. When Verizon got it back, all they did was flash the stock firmware, which does not relock the bootloader.

Anyway, the reason you don't have superuser is because the phone isn't rooted. You'll need to push the su.zip and clockwork recovery onto the phone using ADB or Wug's Toolkit. Once that's done, download CM9 and Gapps to your phone and flash it through clockwork recovery.

jetman

Reaction score

I had to send my Nexus (Verizon version) back to Samsung to replace a broken screen too. When I sent it to them it was still 100% stock 4.04 with LOCKED boot loader. I just got it back and it was wiped clean (no data, music, apps, contacts, pics etc..) back to stock (still 4.04) but now has the boot loader unlocked, and no Superuser icon. Other than the obvious, of easier rooting, are there any benefits/disadvantages of running it stock with the boot loader unlocked? I have no intentions of rooting it as long as the OTA updates are still coming out for it.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I had to send my Nexus (Verizon version) back to Samsung to replace a broken screen too. When I sent it to them it was still 100% stock 4.04 with LOCKED boot loader. I just got it back and it was wiped clean (no data, music, apps, contacts, pics etc..) back to stock (still 4.04) but now has the boot loader unlocked, and no Superuser icon. Other than the obvious, of easier rooting, are there any benefits/disadvantages of running it stock with the boot loader unlocked? I have no intentions of rooting it as long as the OTA updates are still coming out for it.

No real reason to unlock if you don't plan on rooting and/or using a custom recovery.