Unlocked but NO Superuser???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mormile

Reaction score
So i cracked my screen went to best buy got a new phone... It comes back unlocked with no ROM and without superuser... So im unlocked but have no superuser, How does this work!???? Can i still install roms and kernels??? Dont i need Superuser?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So i cracked my screen went to best buy got a new phone... It comes back unlocked with no ROM and without superuser... So im unlocked but have no superuser, How does this work!???? Can i still install roms and kernels??? Dont i need Superuser?

To install a custom ROM, root, custom kernels, custom recovery, or whatever....the first step is to unlock the bootloader. So no being unlocked doesn't mean you are rooted, have a custom ROM, custom recovery or anything on it. What probably happened is that they forced the update to your device, which would undo all of that while still leaving the bootloader unlocked.

Essentially what I would do at this point, would be to use fastboot to install a custom recovery. Then use the custom recovery to install a custom ROM, or a nandroid back up of one if you have one.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I see you have multiple replies on the other thread. Going to close this one up.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2__G-NEX

Status
Not open for further replies.