What's the difference between a uninstall and a freeze with Titanium Pro?

Tloc107

Reaction score
I assume the freeze does what it says and keeps it on phone but makes it invisible and in active? Uninstall mean it actually uninstalls it from the phone to the sd card maybe? What is the safest bet in case you want to get motorolas updates in the future? Also I may want to unroot in future and change back etc? Thanks

Reaction score
Your right about freezing and uninstalling is what it sounds, removing. It from the phone completely. Freezing is the way to go to get the updates.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I assume the freeze does what it says and keeps it on phone but makes it invisible and in active? Uninstall mean it actually uninstalls it from the phone to the sd card maybe? What is the safest bet in case you want to get motorolas updates in the future? Also I may want to unroot in future and change back etc? Thanks

I strongly recommend not deleting undesirable apps. Use either Titanium to freeze them or use Root Explorer and rename them by adding ".bak" to them (appname.apk becomes appname.apk.bak). Both of these methods can be undone easily and quickly.

Good luck.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Perfect that is what I thought but just wanted a confirmation. I did use Titanium backup and froze all I didn't want. Is there something that is benefical to uninstalling them? Thanks

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Like BayouFisher suggested above. Freeze them instead of deleting them, specially if you're unsure. Main reason for doing this is so you're able to update your device in the future. Without system apps in tact, you won't be able to take any OTA updates.

Freeze and don't delete! ;)

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Like BayouFisher suggested above. Freeze them instead of deleting them, specially if you're unsure. Main reason for doing this is so you're able to update your device in the future. Without system apps in tact, you won't be able to take any OTA updates.

Freeze and don't delete! ;)

If you can just one click restore, what diff does it make if you delete system apps? Can't you just restore, update then remove em again?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC