What's the best / most popular MP3 app.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I can't believe something like the iPhone one isn't on the marketplace. Changing from an iPhone to a Droid for music has sucked. It was nice to get the boost in space from 8GB to 16GB but the music player is lacking. I truly miss the ability to change the song from the lock screen. It makes driving and moving to the next song terrible with aux in.

I've tried Mixzing but it is slow and doesn't offer much more in actual music abilities. It adds the Apple genius feature and that's about it.

First and formost the iphone is a media player or should i say ipod touch with an add on phone, nothing genius about that.

JRFogarty

Reaction score
Give me a player that plays music, shuffles, gives me the ability to make playlists easily and only looks at certain directories. I couldn't care less about downloading album art or lyrics.

AGREE!!!!
Please somebody, find us something that knows how to do these simple things well and then gets the H*LL out of the way. Thank you, that is all.

Anyone try Museek? It has a few options for playlist creation including a smart shuffle (based on what you skip) and the option to play like music (most plays similar to the current artist). The biggest drawback is its size (about 7mb) and the 3D ui may take some getting used to (3D option recommended if you have more than 20 albums). Does have a widget and the playlist screen is easy to navigate.

dajakal

Reaction score
Ok, tried the Mixzing one and it's junk too. It didn't find most of the album cover art and it spends a lot of time trying to connect to some service that is not available.

What is the problem with these things, it seems like app makesr should have MP3 apps pretty down solid by now and really cool, but they all seem pretty lame.
I also used MixZing for awhile and it was cool at first but it never worked right. It NEVER gave me recommendations, I'd play one song by an artist and it would say "No recommended songs" despite having 3+ albums by that artist. Oh, and it had to connect to a network and burn my battery life just to do that. I uninstalled it and got noticeably better battery. Stock app for now, but I'm still looking for a better one...

jboucheb

Reaction score
Music player with swipe?

Does anyone know of a music player where you can change the songs by swiping your finger left and right on the screen??

I almost wrecked looking for the small forward button today when I tried to go to the next song.

Please help. I know the iPhone has several apps like that but I haven't been able to find one easily for the Droid.

Thx.

bastosero

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a music player where you can change the songs by swiping your finger left and right on the screen??

I almost wrecked looking for the small forward button today when I tried to go to the next song.

Please help. I know the iPhone has several apps like that but I haven't been able to find one easily for the Droid.

Thx.

Yes. MortPlayer Music does that...sort of (when you swype the album cover it changes to a different folder to play the songs on that next folder). I've tried MixZing also. I prefer MortPlayer Music since you can load multiple folders and switch from folder to folder (for different genres), or you can put all your songs in one folder also (putting all songs in one folder and swyping the album cover doesn't play the next song though). The one thing that attracted me to it was because it also has an actual Stop button. LOL. All the other players only have a Pause button.

What I would love to see from an mp3 player is to have a cross fading feature. I kinda got used to having a cross fader on my computer media player.

Last edited:

griz8791

Reaction score

Thx.

Meridian does this. Flick up or down to skip to the next or previous track. Flick left or right to skip forward or back within the current track.

FoFa

Reaction score
I second meridian. Touch the screen to pause/play, right/left to FF/REW, didn't know about the up down thing, I'll have to try that also.

rec08

Reaction score
I can't believe something like the iPhone one isn't on the marketplace. Changing from an iPhone to a Droid for music has sucked. It was nice to get the boost in space from 8GB to 16GB but the music player is lacking. I truly miss the ability to change the song from the lock screen. It makes driving and moving to the next song terrible with aux in.

I've tried Mixzing but it is slow and doesn't offer much more in actual music abilities. It adds the Apple genius feature and that's about it.

First and formost the iphone is a media player or should i say ipod touch with an add on phone, nothing genius about that.

-Try bTunes, it is just like the ipod touch, it is brand new and frequently updated!!!

jboucheb

Reaction score

Thx.

Meridian does this. Flick up or down to skip to the next or previous track. Flick left or right to skip forward or back within the current track.

Thanks! Works great :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Tunewikki. Best feature is that you can drop a live folder for artists, playlists and albums onto your homescreen. Other than that, I feel like the interface is pretty similar to ipod (well, my ipod was old). Very easy to sort by artist, song or album. Way better than stock app.