What's the best / most popular MP3 app.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fastrc46, Jan 24, 2010.

1. fastrc46

fastrc46 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

New to the forum. Just wondering what everyone is using for an MP3 player app? What's the best? +'s, -'s...

2. BillyB25

BillyB25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My favorite right now is Rock On 3. It's still in beta but it's already a very nice app. It shows the album covers on a 3D cube which you can swipe... Similar to the iPhones music player. It comes with a widget which can be displayed in 3 different sizes. It also found all of my albums cover art.

3. jamko101

jamko101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MixZing is pretty cool. I've been testing it over the default music player and like it a lot more over the original player. It calibrates to your tastes of music from which songs you fully listen to and which ones you skip, it also does a sort of Pandora thing were it plays music in your library according to the specific genre of a song you have chosen.

4. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the thing i like about mixzing is you can choose the folders that the app looks at. most others i have seen(including the stock app) looks and all sound files on your phone including voicemails,recordings etc.

5. markmicallef

markmicallef Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt like Rock On at all, I do like
    Mixzing best so far

6. nimbusnacho

nimbusnacho New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Mixzing has been my MP3 player of choice. I'm going to try the other suggestion though...

7. Ridley

Ridley Member

Ratings:
    +0

where did you get this? I D/L Rock On and it sucks balls, very hard to get it to even change songs.

Also, you would think it would be able to get the album art that's already in the default player instead of wasting time looking for it.

8. BillyB25

BillyB25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search for "rockon" (all one word) and you'll see an app called "3" That's the beta. It's MUCH better than the old Rock On. I'm not sure if it will get album art that's already in the default music player. I've never liked the default player so I've never used it. It does recognized album art that is embedded in the MP3 itself.

9. griz8791

griz8791 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Meridian. It does everything the stock player does, but also has features that inexplicably got left out of the stock player such as genres and star ratings (you can rate tunes from the player and it saves the ratings in the on-device library). It also has a built-in ID3 tag editor.

10. Ridley

Ridley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll check it out.

11. Ridley

Ridley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you write this Rock On App? Because it's a POS and buggy as all get out. It wont automatically shuffle all the songs, you have to add them manually to the queue? And it doesn't show the album art from the song that's playing? It's junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

AND YOU CAN"T TURN THE DAMN THING OFF!! this is insane, thanks for nothing!!!!

#11 Ridley, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. Ridley

Ridley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, tried the Mixzing one and it's junk too. It didn't find most of the album cover art and it spends a lot of time trying to connect to some service that is not available.

What is the problem with these things, it seems like app makesr should have MP3 apps pretty down solid by now and really cool, but they all seem pretty lame.

Search tags for this page
best droid mp3 app

best mp3 app for android

best mp3 app for droid

best mp3 for droid
best mp3 player for droid
free mp3 apps for droid
mp3 apps for droid
mp3app
popular mp3 app
what's the best mp3 app