Droid as a dedicated mp3 player (vs Zune Hd/iTouch/etc)

Iphone Eyes

Reaction score
But to me especially since I own a zune HD, I would keep your zune HD. The zune HD is a spectacular media player an the quality is better then any other media player including the ipod and well the droid. There is some applications out there to make syncing music to the droid but I still feel its more complicated then it should be.

iPirate

Reaction score
After I got my Droid I've been using it for streaming media and a couple of mp3s on the SD card. I can't see myself carrying both, zune and droid, around with me though.

I love the Zune software for PC, I wish I could sync my Droid using the software! :)

BCrawford

Reaction score
The droid definitely does well as an Mp3 player. The only gripes I have is the stock music player controls are way too small for easy car use and the shuffle feature is definitely not up to par with some of the other mp3 player's. I hear way too many repeats and some songs not at all. Both are relatively small issues. I'm still waiting for someone to make a music apps that has decent buttons, shuffle, and maybe even voice commands.

billyk

Reaction score
The Droid clearly does not have many of the bells/whistles of a dedicated music player - but what it offers from a practical standpoint that dedicated players cannot offer, such as only one device to charge, only one device to carry, I can take an important call while exercising, etc, makes it a no-brainer decision for me.

I've been using my phone as my primary music device for years now - way before the Droid. I've also used a stereo BT headset (Moto S9/S9HD) since they came out. It's a simple, great sounding solution. PLUS, the Droid puts out the hottest BT signal I've seen yet, which allows you to stow your Droid in your front pockets when walking/running. Amazing!

Bottom line: I don't even know where my iPod is. It's been years now. For me, using a dedicated player is not practical at all.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as you find a music app that creates playlists easy, and plays that playlist easy, I say use the Droid. Me, I been using my phone as a mp3 player since the Motorola E815. (regular cellphone) Smart phones make it much easier now to play music.

Last edited:

justreboot

Reaction score
I'm still using the Zune HD (plus it now has native avi support!!!) The interface is simply outstanding / plus I wouldn't want my Droid to 'walk' at the gym...