What's old is new again

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Been quite a while since I've been here. I even noticed a few names from the past (@bkdodger).

Having a blast on an un-rooted pixel 8 pro.

Man, how far Android has come since that first DroidX, rooting, flashing roms, and theming.

Been playing around with KLWP and KWCH and just for giggles thought I'd see if y'all were still around, and you are!

So Hello

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What's up my friend how are you ?Good to see you drop by.. we are still hanging on here and you can find me also on a few other forums such as Android Central... Definitely a long time since the Droid x days.. I'm also using a Pixel 8 Pro as well as Pixel Fold alternating...enjoy Android and no need for rooting now haha

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm good my friend, thanks. Life has finally slowed down a little, I retired and now have time to play with phones and things again.

Way different experience than the old days. Man I miss the chance to brick my phone 🤣

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm good my friend, thanks. Life has finally slowed down a little, I retired and now have time to play with phones and things again.

Way different experience than the old days. Man I miss the chance to brick my phone

Awesome enjoy retirement …oh yes them days were the best I do miss them and wouldn’t mind a brick sometimes for the fun hehe

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The main reason I turned to DF was to learn how to root my OG Droid. I still check in on occasion but @bkdodger is the DF star. He's been the one keeping things running smoothly. It is amazing how far Android has come. Haven't felt a reason to root in a long while. I do have a working Note 5 doing nothing but sitting there. I could experiment with rooting that I suppose... Nah, too much work

Congratulations on your retirement @cynkrzy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Great to see familiar people still around. It's been a while since I was here.

I was also recently thinking how far android has come. The big reason for me to come here was rooting and themes. Had a blast and learned a whole lot. I still play around with roms and Magisk. I stumbled across Viper for Android again a while back which is reason enough to be rooted.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great to see familiar people still around. It's been a while since I was here.

I was also recently thinking how far android has come. The big reason for me to come here was rooting and themes. Had a blast and learned a whole lot. I still play around with roms and Magisk. I stumbled across Viper for Android again a while back which is reason enough to be rooted.
Wow ..hey boss great to see ya post in ..we still going strong though no root for me now ..what phone you rocking now ?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Wow ..hey boss great to see ya post in ..we still going strong though no root for me now ..what phone you rocking now ?
Pixel 3a. Lineage rom with Magisk for root. Never stayed away from the dark side.

Learning what I've learned here, any device that you have access to the factory images/roms the more you can do for yourself. I've messed up some phones along the way but nothing a factory reset and a fresh rom wouldn't fix

Edit: That's why I've always used Google phones

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Pixel 3a. Lineage rom with Magisk for root. Never stayed away from the dark side.

Learning what I've learned here, any device that you have access to the factory images/roms the more you can do for yourself. I've messed up some phones along the way but nothing a factory reset and a fresh rom wouldn't fix

Edit: That's why I've always used Google phones
Oh wow 3a that's impressive. No urge to jump up to newer? ROMS definitely help keep it running top notch