New droid member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by sprdthewlth, May 24, 2010.

1. sprdthewlth

sprdthewlth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello from Southern California.
    I've had my droid for about 4 months now and have been posting here a little bit. Just thought I'd say a quick hello. I'm currently running stock with LauncherPro just to save me stress from breaking my phone from rooting. I want to root SO BAD but since I'm a broke student who's mom pays for his phone bill I didn't want to take any risks at all... Anyways... Hellogoodbye!

P.S. if anyone blogs, my site is QR'ed down below.

2. li2327

li2327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum. I haven't rooted mine either. So far I'm satisfied with the way my Droid performs now. I may look into rooting it in the future.

3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :welcome: to the forum sprd!!! we're very happy to have you join us :D

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Rooting is a personal decision. I suggest that you read, read, and read some more. If you decide rooting is for you and you have questions or problems post a thread and someone will replay. On the other hand, if you decide rooting is not for you you have new knowledge.

Mike

5. sprdthewlth

sprdthewlth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. Yeah I've been reading and reading about rooting and I know how to do it from watching but still I don't know how much more it will benefit me now than the droid already does. It's a good phone and gives me more features than I need. I just don't want to be a stupid kid rooting just because it seems like "the cool thing to do." Maybe in the future but for now, thanks for the welcomes!