what would you do? upgrade time

JimmySVT

Reaction score
My wife is hounding me about getting a new phone for fathers day. I'm still rocking an OG Droid. 4G LTE isn't slated in my area until 2013, so 4g isn't really a concern right now.

I've been eyeing the Droid X2 and the Incedible 2. But at the same time, some of the 4G phones are quite attractive looking.

So, if you chose just a 3G phone, which would you choose. And on the same accord, if you could any phone, which would you choose? Of course this is Verizons network BTW.

I guess I'm asking 2 different questions, and would like answers for both. I can get one of the more expensive 4G phones on the condition I puchase the Minister of Sex and Finances (A.K.A-the Wife) a kindle.

What would you do?

clemarr

Reaction score
Well I purchased the IPhone last weekend and it's going back this weekend. I had the Moto Droid 1 and after I have been using the Android I already missed it. I am getting the X2. I am on a business trip so I can not return it where I am at because the box for the phone is at home. I have been to the Verizon store here and I have to say the X2 is amazing wth the dual core processor . Every is smooth and quick plus it has an FM radio and the bigger screen really looks good. I am in the same boat as you. Where I live it going to be a long time before we get 4G. So I am going to save the extra 50 or 100 bucks and get the X2. Plus the 4G eats up battery pretty quick.

Last edited:

GSdub510

Reaction score
Wait for the Droid Bionic if you want the latest technology... it's a monster.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

samiusmc

Reaction score
Keep the OG Droid. Root it and install Liquid Gingerbread 1.85 (2.0 coming soon). It will run better and faster than most new phones out there.

Beka27

Reaction score
I would hold off (get a "raincheck" on your father's Day gift) and tell her you want to see what phones are released over the summer.

matt2783

Reaction score
3g phone- I'd have to go with the Incredible 2. Even though the DX2 has a dual core, it seems to have it's problems, plus there is no real chance it will be unlocked.

4g- I'd go with the TB because it's unlocked and has a ton of dev support, but if that's not important to you then the Charge is probably the way to go. Better battery life and nicer screen.

Don't forget though, the Droid 3, Bionic and Galaxy S2 are on the way.

OP
J

JimmySVT

Reaction score
I've decided to holf off on a new phone for now, just see what comes out soon since the droid 3 just hit their system. I don't need a 4G phone, no LTE for 2 more yea. rs. So ill be up for an upgrade then, and Bionic will probably be old news

COSam

Reaction score
Galaxy S II Function might be a good option for you, but the release date could be anywhere from today to the end of 2011. Great phone, probably too small to house an LTE radio.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums