What will i get if i warranty my bionic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic_Racer

Reaction score
Battle_Chimera said:
What do you think the odds are I can have them trade me a Droid x2 straight up? My area has horrid 4g signal so there's really no point in having a 4g phone..

Whoa, easy there killer. The dx2 would be a horrible choice. Why DOWNGRADE like that??

jayman350

Reaction score
Because the phone feels better in my hand, looks better(my opinion), and I don't get 4g where I live so...

they may do that for you if they have extra DX2 laying around, or you could just pick one off of ebay or craigslist for pretty cheap. then you can sell the Bionic (get a replacement if you need one, then sell it) to get back what you spent on the DX2 and probably a couple bucks more for a case, screen protector, etc.

You can turn off 4G if that is your main issue, but the other things you mention are aesthetics and totally your preference. so the choice is really up to you

grgguy

Reaction score
Because the phone feels better in my hand, looks better(my opinion), and I don't get 4g where I live so...

Hey I can personally vouch for the bionic vs the x2. I used my upgrade to get away from it. Its a good phone only if your willing to root, use the v6 supercharger remove all bloat and so on. Be prepared to be disappointed. The bionic is a vastly superior phone. Especially with ICS

Knowguy

Reaction score
My experience just now... do you think they are just jerking me around... should I call back and try it over or will they have created a log of what I just said:

Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Sarah, how may I assist you?

Sarah: Hi Jesse! How are you today?

Jesse: Just fine, how about yourself!

Sarah: I'm fantastic! Thanks for asking.

Sarah: What can I help you with today?

Jesse: Um, I have had my Droid Bionic for sometime now and have had to contact tech support 2or 3 times before to do factory resets and check settings and I continue to lose my 3g/4g connection and drop calls because of this. I also read in the support forum about a lot of others having the same problem... Is there anyway I can get a replacement?

Sarah: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

Sarah: How long has this been happening for?

Jesse: One or twice since I first got it, but in the past couple of months it has steadily gotten worse, I traded my friend my iphone 4s for his bionic to take advantage of the 4g but it hasn't been so fun lately

Jesse: happening 4 or 5 times a day

Sarah: That would make me nuts, Jesse!

Jesse: I even check my 4g coverage in Cincinnati and it appears to be great

Sarah: I had the Bionic and it definitely didn't do that.

Sarah: Let me take a look at a few things on your account, ok?

Jesse: ok

Jesse: I wanted to call tech support on my phone but im at work and inside the warehouse I dont get good service either but thats normal, I just found out you guys had chat support!

Sarah: We just started doing chat regularly! You're not going to get in trouble at work, are you?

Jesse: Nope, I work at an IT company so its normal

Jesse: I would be typing anyways, but thanks for the concern lol!

Sarah: Then you're good to go!

Sarah: Just a few more moments here, ok?

Jesse: Yup, thats just fine!

Jesse: You guys must have slow computers... maybe you should have my company come look at them ha ha

Sarah: I'm looking at quite a few things here, but you're right, they are a little on the slow side. Gotta love thin clients!

Jesse: Yeah I actually work on thin clients where I am so I know...

Jesse: let me know if you need any more info from me

Sarah: Yes, overloaded dinosaurs!

Sarah: Since you got the phone from your friend, it wouldn't have a warranty on it and we wouldn't be able to replace it for you.

Sarah: I am seeing that Motorola is working on a Software Update that fixes the issue though and that it should be out soon.

Sarah: In the meantime, they are advising to turn 4G off on the phone. I asked my co-worker about it that has a Bionic and she said that it worked.

Sarah: Did your friend who had the phone initially have this issue with it?

Jesse: Yeah I did that, I just would like to use my phone, Warranty should still carry over though since The device is less that a year old... no not initially he didn't but he said it just did a 905 update that should have fixed it but it didn't

Sarah: Unfortunately the manufacturers do not allow us to transfer the warranty on devices.

Sarah: He may be able to get it replaced though, just an idea?

Jesse: Man that stinks, guess I should have just said it was mine, being honest doesn't always work out I guess...

Jesse: What about the iphone that I traded him, surely Apple would cover theirs

Sarah: I tried to do it but the system knows that it's from another account.

Sarah: Apple doesn't allow the warranty to be transferred either.

Jesse: darn... guess its bad to trade phones then

Sarah: You have to purchase the Apple Care for it to transfer the warranty.

Sarah: If you don't check them out first, it can be.

Sarah: Do you have any further questions or concerns I may assist you with?

Jesse: Nope thats it! Sorry to be such a hassle

Sarah: No worries, sorry I couldn't get you another phone.

Sarah: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. If you have a minute, please click on the End Chat button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
fisch2481 said:
I literally just got off tech support. They are sending me a RAZR Maxx for my bionic. it'll be here tomorrow.

for real? Wow what a decision... The maxx is awesome. But i love being able to swap out batteries when they get low... I'd love to have a new phone tho... What to do.What to do.I'm seriously torn between this decision

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so I have a d4 my bionic, a broken bionic that needs a new digitizer, and a d2g that needs replaced. think I could get them to send me a nexus or razr maxx for the d2g as it's been replaced so many times... I'm not even sure how to bring that subject up. I'd be giving my d4 to the guy on the d2g and keeping the razr or nexus for myself... I think the nexus is a good choice because I have the bionic and the maxx isn't that much different maybe a white razr... I dunno... what do you guys think?

fisch2481

Reaction score
I used the hug and mug tactic. I was very nice and agreeable the entire time. The convo started at a t1 rep, I explained that I had data issues and couldn't get a solid signal. I told her I knew it was a known problem and I even joked saying the bionic was the red headed step child. She asked me a series of basic t1 questions such and had me toggle airplane mode and such. I told her that I bought the phone a year ago and its been miserable since. I told her they advertised ics as a selling point but we still haven't gotten it. She said there is an update expected mid September (Ics????)that is supposed to fix the data problem, I told her I would rather have a new phone than keep this one because of all the problems. I suggested the nexus as a replacement and she said she would see.what she could do. She ended up sending me to a t2 who asked a series of basic questions like if I updated to 905 and tried a factory reset. I said yes ans yes ( I'm on ics leak but they don't need to know that). He said the previous rep mentioned something about a a phone swap. Again I asked for a nexus. He put me oh hold to check with his supervisor. He came back and said they would swap a moto for a moto... so a referb bionic or a RAZR. I told him I heard the RAZR battery sucked and didn't any it.... he offered the maxx and I agreed. Its being over nighted. Remember. Be kind to them and possibly suggest a better device but settle high

tedankel

Reaction score
Had a charging problem through the micro USB port which is integral with the chassis PC board. Got a refurb in exchange as was still in original warranty, not the Assurance one (though I did buy that in case I mess up this device). Yeah, was all set to battle for Razor Max but that game never showed up. Not a bad deal, replacement Bionic in better cosmetic condition. (Looks brand new). Only thing that was bad in the deal was not being able to save data from both internal and external cards as I couldn't get access to a PC to "drag and drop" from old to new Bionic at the Verizon store. (Maybe a point for better customer service given that I had invested in their "flagship" when first purchased).

Status
Not open for further replies.