Have to Warranty return, any advice on getting ggod servcie at verizon store

Derekweb

Reaction score
Bought Bionic on first day. It freezes from day 1 and needs battery pull at least once a day. Last week, when I was abroad, the headphone jack no longer works. Music still comes from speaker, nothing in headphones.

Really love this phone, though. Smooth, fast, and even the interface is reasonable.

I need to get new replacement under warranty. Any advice in getting a new replacement? How do I deal with the Verizon store where I purchased it?

droid_freak

Reaction score
Should be easy to get. There are no used devices and they will get one sent to you over night. That's what they did for my Samsung Droid Charge.
I usually just ask for the manager.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Just don't take there crap. Walk in there telling them what you want and you won't settle for less. Don't be a dick about it but be stern. They don't want to lose a customer so they will always work with you. You can get whatever you want if you know how to talk to them. Whether you want an early upgrade or a discount on a product if you throw the right words around you'll always get what you want. If all else fails you can play the "fine ill just go to at&t or sprint" card. That always works.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

Signum

Reaction score
Just don't take there crap. Walk in there telling them what you want and you won't settle for less. Don't be a dick about it but be stern. They don't want to lose a customer so they will always work with you. You can get whatever you want if you know how to talk to them. Whether you want an early upgrade or a discount on a product if you throw the right words around you'll always get what you want. If all else fails you can play the "fine ill just go to at&t or sprint" card. That always works.

this is the fastest way to NOT get what you want. i love when customers come into my store demanding this and that and if they dont get it they'll disconnect and go to sprint/att/whatever. it gets even better when i call the bluff and start processing the disconnects and explain how much the ETFs will be and what not. at that point the color drains from their face and they start listening to reason and stop acting up.

dont hold yourself hostage, its a no win situation for yourself.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
this is the fastest way to NOT get what you want. i love when customers come into my store demanding this and that and if they dont get it they'll disconnect and go to sprint/att/whatever. it gets even better when i call the bluff and start processing the disconnects and explain how much the ETFs will be and what not. at that point the color drains from their face and they start listening to reason and stop acting up.

Maybe its because not all Verizon employees have your attitude and actually care about keeping their customers. Its worked for me the last 8 years. Its all negotiations. Verizon might say something is against their policy but if you talk to the right people there's always a way around it. There hasn't been a single time in the last 8 years I haven't gotten what I wanted from Verizon. Its buying a new car. Play your cards right and you can get all kinds of stuff out of the dealer.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Ok, I did get a chuckle out of this!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Unless you actually have the money to pay the ETF. Then you're little strategy won't work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

vatothe0

Reaction score
Maybe its because not all Verizon employees have your attitude and actually care about keeping their customers. Its worked for me the last 8 years. Its all negotiations. Verizon might say something is against their policy but if you talk to the right people there's always a way around it. There hasn't been a single time in the last 8 years I haven't gotten what I wanted from Verizon. Its buying a new car. Play your cards right and you can get all kinds of stuff out of the dealer.

There is a difference between caring about customers and catering to people that whine a lot. If you get an early upgrade after 6 months, why shouldn't everyone else be allowed to do the same?

It's the reps that allow these exceptions that don't care about customers.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
easiest way to get your replacement is to call *611 explain the issues RATIONALLY and let them know what you expect the resolution to be.
Be NICE but be firm with what you want/need.
it's not difficult really.

Signum

Reaction score
Unless you actually have the money to pay the ETF. Then you're little strategy won't work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

then you pay the ETF and its 1 less person to deal with. gonna cost ya more than what its worth considering now you also have to buy a new phone on whichever carrier you choose and enjoy your first bill again =)

Signum

Reaction score

i care about keeping customers, but i dont cater to those that whine, complain and hold themselves hostage when they dont get what they want. if you want to talk civilly and rationally, cool ill do what i can. start acting up and threatening to disconnect and what not and everything that i MIGHT have been able to do for you goes out the window.

McGyver777

Reaction score
Good service at a Verizon store?
Synonym:
Water from a rock.
Pork from a rabbi.
Virginity from a whore.
Salvation through Christianity.
Blood from a turnip.
Honesty from a mechanic.
Investment strategy from Enron exec.
Weight watcher advice from me (you'd get it if you knew me).
Calm from the chicken that yelled about the sky falling.
AA assistance from Amy Winehouse (too soon?)
Uplifting and supportive of women's rights rap music.
A televangelist who sends you money.
Sugar based toothpaste that 5 out of 5 dentists suggest.
Directions about investment strategy from a person with 4:20 sticker on their car.
A really good sequel from a guy named Lucas.
A powerful life lesson from Walker Texas Ranger.
How to stay off drugs by Mr. C. Farley.
Absolutes in our relative universe.

Heh!

In saying this I did hear about one guy in North Dakota that was rumored to get good service at a verizon store...turns out there was only one street through the town and he needed directions. I hear after he went the wrong way they suggested and turned around everything worked out for him.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LBrooks

Reaction score
Bought Bionic on first day. It freezes from day 1 and needs battery pull at least once a day. Last week, when I was abroad, the headphone jack no longer works. Music still comes from speaker, nothing in headphones.

Really love this phone, though. Smooth, fast, and even the interface is reasonable.

I need to get new replacement under warranty. Any advice in getting a new replacement? How do I deal with the Verizon store where I purchased it?

The people at my local VZW store are *really* nice (I live in the DFW surrounding area) - they've had several of the same employees since they've opened the store here (I don't know - 4? 5? 6? years ago?) and if I've ever needed anything - they're really helpful! I've read some of the stuff on the forums about bad VZW service and I just don't know what y'all are talkin' about - really LOL ... Except maybe once - I went into one VZW store and they didn't want to early upgrade me (this was a few years ago) - I was really nice about it - so were the store employees ... I went out to my truck - called VZW customer service - confirmed with them again, etc etc - they plugged something into the system - went back into the store and early upgraded just fine ...

I have found - being nice ~ understanding ~ "is there any way you can help me out?" - has been more effective than "wtf are you gonna do about it?!" ... That's just my experience, though :eek:)

I hope you're able to get your problem resolved :eek:)