What to do with my OG???

kylo77

Reaction score
Can the Original Droid function as a wireless (wifi) device once the cell service has been moved to another Droid? Trying to figure out if it is worth keeping it around or setting it back to stock and selling it. Any thoughts or suggestions????

thanks

OP
kylo77

kylo77

Reaction score
Interesting....when I tried turning on the wifi, after having the phone deactivated on VZ, it would not connect. Rebooted, now it works fine. Turned on airplane mode to disable the cell antenna and turned on wifi...working like a charm.

thanks for the quick response

sajgel

Reaction score
I use my OG droid on wifi with no service so I can watch Netflix

REMilk

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Droid 3. I am using my OG Droid for reading ebooks, listening to music, streaming audio and video, and some games. My 3-1/2 year old grandson is enjoying the games on it too. I also installed navigation software that relies strictly on the GPS and it also works as a GPS.

My moving my grandson's games to the OG Droid, my Droid 3 is statying a lot cleaner and safer.

Bob

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
once I upgrade I'll do the same with my Dinc, use it as a media device/GPS unit.

Good to know that phones today don't just sit and collect dust when we upgrade, they can be used for all sorts of things once their days as a phone are over :)