New phones and the end of the OG droid

Darksthour

Reaction score
So I own a original droid and I can upgrade for a new phone now. Which is great because even though the droid is an incredible phone like all good things its time I believe has come to an end. With 2.3 roms being the focus for devs the phone just can't keep up. It is plagued with memory problems and with the appeal of newer faster bigger phones the droid just can't compete. However the main problem lays on the fact that there just aren't any good upgrade options out there. Upon walking into a verizon store the big phones available are the thunderbolt, the droid 2 global and the droid charge. Now I don't mean to offend an owner of these devices but I will say that all those phones and future devices just don't have any excitement to them. New phones should be the best of the best while all these seem mediocre. The TB and charge are lte devices with not everyone having lte in their area, while being on the single core chips and battery problems. The droid 2 global is just not a new phone worth the money. Its a good phone but just not in my opinion worth cashing in my upgrade chips for a phone soon to be replaced. The DX2 is coming soon but that phone doesn't have lte and seems like a minor upgrade to the original. What I'm basically getting to is it seems like the timing for the og droid to finally move on to a place of legends where everyone talks about the good 'ol days with it is being ruined with upgrade or replacement options rushed to shelves for mediocre, faulty, or just not worth a 2 year commitment.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dasanman69

Reaction score
Get whatever phone has the most support from the devs. Rumors keep swirling around the Motorola will be making the next Nexus phone and that it'll be on VZW. I'm not gonna run out and choose a phone a because its LTE and another one is not. The technology is in its infancy and I can personally wait another year or so before migrating to it. dancedroid

Oowoon

Reaction score
Then perhaps you will find the upcoming DROID x2 or DROID 3 to your liking? Those two phones are coming out soon. I'd get a droid 3 if I wasn't in a 2 year contract right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums