What will you do with your "old" OG Droid?

nateccnn

Reaction score
My apologies you are correct. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that if you lost signal while using your navigation it would still work as long as you had GPS signal. Maybe that was because it already had the maps downloaded or maybe I'm going crazy. Anyways I turned off my data and you are correct it wouldn't get the directions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CoPilot Live has maps stored on the phone so it can be used without a data connection. for 4.99 you will have a nice vehicle GPS when the D1 reaches it's EOL for you.

I'm getting ready to buy it for the same reason.

Navionics also has nice maps for water navigation. Unfortunately, nothing available for Northern Nevada where I do 95% of my fishing. But if I lived in Florida I would have that regional map on my droid too.

Nate

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll be my fall back device, even though I'll have insurance on whatever new toy I get.... so not sure it's needed.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I plan on keeping it in the car for GPS or something like that. Might even use it as just an mp3 player.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

what GPS app will you use that doesn't require a data connection?

maverick pro, you can download maps for offline use. (though I haven't yet sat down to figure it out)

I'll probably end up giving my droid to my girlfriend, she still has some old LG phone.

born2golf

Reaction score
My apologies you are correct. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that if you lost signal while using your navigation it would still work as long as you had GPS signal. Maybe that was because it already had the maps downloaded or maybe I'm going crazy. Anyways I turned off my data and you are correct it wouldn't get the directions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CoPilot Live has maps stored on the phone so it can be used without a data connection. for 4.99 you will have a nice vehicle GPS when the D1 reaches it's EOL for you.

I'm getting ready to buy it for the same reason.

Navionics also has nice maps for water navigation. Unfortunately, nothing available for Northern Nevada where I do 95% of my fishing. But if I lived in Florida I would have that regional map on my droid too.

Nate

Thanks. For $4.99 seem like it is worth a shot. I'm in sales and typically if I'm in my car, I'm on the phone with clients, so google's nav doesn't do me much good. I've been waiting to see if garmin or tomtom would release an android version, haven't seen anything so far. Thanks again.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just sold my OG Droid last month (via ebay) to some lucky fella in Nebraska. I am now the owner of a Droid X (via ebay!). My upgrade comes up in August so I'll have another decision to make then!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I plan on keeping it in the car for GPS or something like that. Might even use it as just an mp3 player.

what GPS app will you use that doesn't require a data connection?

I just plan on either buying one at the time or just tethering it to my phone or tablet. I haven't decided yet. My upgrade isn't until July.

roosterbrews

Reaction score
Selling it on Ebay with instant sale for 140 and replacing it with the thunderbolt. I have oter phones to use as a backup and this one can pay half of my new thunderbolt (If it ever comes Out)

Jeyman

Reaction score
Plan to keep it to see just how far the phone goes, I love it so much I can upgrade now but have not. (there is a shot I may move to sprint with the evo soon though bla)

Or I may very well just get a almost new one off ebay. Mine got beat up bad on a drop(its still going strong)

GPS, music(hell 16GB card it came with is still larger then most phones are given today), flash new roms to make people see how epic it was. The fact that we have 2.3 is a testament to its greatness.

It was my first smartphone, and more then likely is the best one to date(maybe with the N1 and NS past it only)

ballmore

Reaction score
I have a spair that I carry around with me all of the time. The main thing that I use is for is trying new themes and roms. As far as daily use it is my mp3 player, my camera, and I use it to try out apps that I don't want to on my main Droid. It came in handy when I beta tested the Sourcery Rom too. I'm around a wifi connection most of the time so I use it for everything except phone calls and text messages.