Upgrade at end of January. What phone to get

Mortiel

Reaction score
The DX is not "supposed" to have swype... It does not come preinstalled... That is SKYPE, not SWYPE. Your can flash it on there, but I've never seen it work very well.

The D-2G has the slide out qwerty keyboard, 1.2 Ghz processor (fastest on VZW right now), and works in 221 countries. That's about it. The Fascinate and X are better in my opinion.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

DroidedMoto

Reaction score
The DX is not "supposed" to have swype... It does not come preinstalled... That is SKYPE, not SWYPE. Your can flash it on there, but I've never seen it work very well.

The D-2G has the slide out qwerty keyboard, 1.2 Ghz processor (fastest on VZW right now), and works in 221 countries. That's about it. The Fascinate and X are better in my opinion.

Yes, the Droid X did come with swype pre-installed.

Swyping from my Droid X

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looking at it on a display model as we speak

DroidForums Junkie!!

Mortiel

Reaction score
The one I was just messing with here five minutes ago did not (no options for it in settings either)... And neither has any I tested. My information specs that I'm looking at right now just say "virtual qwerty keyboard" as the form factor text entry... That is really strange...

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
The one I was just messing with here five minutes ago did not (no options for it in settings either)... And neither has any I tested. My information specs that I'm looking at right now just say "virtual qwerty keyboard" as the form factor text entry... That is really strange...

it needs to be activated under language & keyboard settings

Mortiel

Reaction score
Huh... Still don't see on this test model, but I won't argue... some of these test models are quirky... Anyway so I guess then between the X and Fascinate its a 0.3" screen size difference, Moto AB vs. TouchWiz, and they are shaped different...?

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
alright well i just ordered my Droid X and it should be here on thursday

mitchb2

Reaction score
I need a new phone, too. I've been trying to find pricing and availability of the LG Optimus Black and Optimus 2x.

My Droid can't make or receive calls. I need something soon but want to make the best decision. If it's a matter of waiting 6 months, that's not possible. But a few weeks...I could deal with that.