What is Xbloatware.apk ?

Crimsongost

Reaction score
There are lots of threads on several forums that talk about removal/renaming (this is not the thread to flame about why you should or should not remove) of bloat and i have done some that seemed obvious. However i have seen some people who have removed 1/2 the stuff on the phone. Yes i understand it's because you can however what i can not find is what these apps actually do. Yes there are a few babbles this is kindle and this is vz navigator and don't touch this if you use voice commands. Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of what each app does ?? for example i renames Conversations.apk to conversations.bak I know i disabled it and my phone still works (better than before i renamed everything) but i still don't know what conversations.apk did? I renamed filemanager until i found it was the only way i had to my SD card. Yes it's easy to just rename back to .apk but i would like to know in advance what i'm changing. Below are just a few i'm curious about.

Zoomservice.apk
Protips.apk
Blurrupdater.apk
Blurmessagagingengine.apk
Blurremail.apk
Blurremailengine.apk
Arcvideoeditorlite.apk
Audioeffectsettings.apk
Screenreader.apk
Visualization.apk
Visualizationswallpaper.apk

Thanks in advance and i'm sorry if this is out there and i just can not find it.

fmkaiba

Reaction score
Zoomservice.apk <== Can Delete, accessability thing
Protips.apk <== Can Delete, the lame Froyo homescreen tips widget
Blurrupdater.apk <== Can Delete, Checks for motorola updates (do u really want too)?
Blurmessagagingengine.apk <== SMS engine
Blurremail.apk <== email client, integrates in the 'universal inbox'
Blurremailengine.apk <== needed for above
Arcvideoeditorlite.apk <== i honestly don't know much about it
Audioeffectsettings.apk <== configure options in sound settings->media audio effects -> wired sterio devices
Screenreader.apk <== Can Delete, accessability thing
Visualization.apk <== Replaces cover art in music player with visualization
Visualizationswallpaper.apk <== live wallpaper that uses the above apk

Remember to rename not delete

OP
Crimsongost

Crimsongost

Reaction score
damn you are good :) so do you just know that or is there some place i can find it?

By the way THANKS that was awesome!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rename to .bak - can just rename them when going back

chops

Reaction score
yeah why delete anything when u can name .bakitsnotlike anyone needs room on the X

OP
Crimsongost

Crimsongost

Reaction score
50% I learned from playing with my own DX. 50% came from a bunch of threads from many forums..try googling "Droid X remove bloatware"

EDIT: I looked up a good place to start:
Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

But be aware. That's android 2.1 if u put on 2.2 some apk names don't match

Thanks again, I have read lots of threads and learned a little here and there but i'm not brave enough to just change. First attempt at "renaming out side the box" was when handsent went down. I thought it was me and i renamed everything back to .APK and it still did not work. Yes later i found out it was handsent however now i;m scarred for life :) not really just very cautious.