how to tell what version of android i am running

lordloki

Reaction score
probably REALLY stupid question here, but I *think* i have incrementally upgraded from the leaked 2.3.9 to 2.3.15, but I don't know how to actually CONFIRM that. it said success, but when i look at my about phone, it still says 2.3.9 (i am 99+% sure this is just about the build.prop from what i understand). any easy way to do this? or hard? im good with adb/shell/etc.

thanks a TON in advance.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Settings>about phone

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
no, i did that. if it is still saying 2.3.9, does that mean the update didn't work?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless for some reason the update didn't change your version number then you aren't updated.

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
i have a modified build.props, and have flyx installed. would that make a difference? it definitely added all of the crap back when i updated -- so it certainly LOOKS to have done something.

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
and just to be clear, it certainly looks like everything updated (some functionality in the contacts improved, for instance)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Might want to ask birdman if maybe he left something out in the build.prop that would have changed the version

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
i tweeted him, we'll see if he replies -- i know some people had mentioned that you can make your version info say anything you want with some silly hackery. does he have a droidforums.net name that i could pm?

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
no reply from him. Anyone else want to weigh in on this? I found out that I am right that the updates do not change your build.prop file, and thus do not update the settings/about info.