How do I update to the latest version?

ccomengee86

Reaction score
I'm currently using Version.2.3.9(leaked froyo from months ago) and am thinking about updating it to the latest OTA version.
I do have 2.1 & 2.2 sbf files, rom manager(not installed), titanium backup(installed), z4root(not installed), and bootstrap(not installed). I have modified build.prop file as well.

What would be the easiest way to install the latest OTA version without losing the data?
Can I flash the sbf file and update it to the latest version then restore the data?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

maderschramm

Reaction score
yes. you could flash either .320 and ota/sbf .340 or a 2.2 sbf file and then ota up
the build.prop will change, so save your copy first, then push it back later
use titanium to backup your apps then restore them after the sbf

OP
C

ccomengee86

Reaction score
yes. you could flash either .320 and ota/sbf .340 or a 2.2 sbf file and then ota up
the build.prop will change, so save your copy first, then push it back later
use titanium to backup your apps then restore them after the sbf

thanks!

What's the difference between .320 and .340?
Can I use rom manager instead of titanium backup?

maderschramm

Reaction score
.320 is a full sbf whereas .340 is a /system only so you need to do the .320 first to get your phone set up for the .340

The .340 could (as in might work) be flashed right away, but that's only a /system change, everything else on your phone will still be 2.3.15

OP
C

ccomengee86

Reaction score
.320 is a full sbf whereas .340 is a /system only so you need to do the .320 first to get your phone set up for the .340

The .340 could (as in might work) be flashed right away, but that's only a /system change, everything else on your phone will still be 2.3.15

I'm not sure which version I have, but I do know that I have a full 2.2 sbf.

Thanks a lot.