What is ther best screen protector for the fascinate? Or go naked?

BonnieLass

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just received my Fascinate about 48 hours ago! So far I really like it, and of course the screen is absolutely gorgeous. About that screen though...
I'll be keeping it in my purse quite often so therefore I'm more inclined to go with a screen protector. Which one is the absolute best in terms of offering protection while seeming completely invisible? I really appreciate your help and look forward to learning more about the phone on here.

ChuckG73

Reaction score
Go naked....or the one sold by seidio is pretty good, but its gorilla glass you really have to try to sctratch it

OP
B

BonnieLass

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm supposed to receive my seidio innocase ii today, wish I could find their screen protector at a brick and mortar so I wouldn't have to order it online and wait.

ChuckG73

Reaction score
The only thing I know of that you can find for the Fascinate that would be in a local store is ZAGG and that is a great skin but has an orange peel effect and does not have the smoothness of glass. I am actually sporting the Seidio Innocase II as well with their screen protector. Nice set up!!

OP
B

BonnieLass

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Chuck! I decided on the innocase after doing some research so I hope I'll be happy with it too.

badonkadonk

Reaction score
I go naked w/ mine

and haven't had an issue... have had it for over a month. I don't throw it in my purse carelessly though, am somewhat cautious but not super careful. I have had like 6 different screen protectors and none of them give me the feel of the real glass, it ruined the phone for me. I'm a bit crazy though.

OP
B

BonnieLass

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see how it would be easy to go crazy with the protectors because the screen is so pretty. I bought a 2 pack of the seidio ultra ones so we'll see how they work out.

keep_pabst_blue

Reaction score
ReaLOOK

The ONLY screen protector I'd use on this beautiful phone is the REALOOK. Amazon.com: REALOOK Verizon Samsung Fascinate Crystal Clear Premium LCD Screen Protector 2 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

It comes with two, which is nice, because I f'ed up the first application. It feels like glass. The only downside is it DOES attract finger smudges more than the naked glass. Also, when heavily smudged, this oil layer can create some rainbow-effect. All of this is easily rectified with a quick wipe-down.

BTW, this "gorilla glass" bullstuff really needs to stop. People end up ruining expensive devices because of this bologna. I got two scratches on my screen even being VERY careful of it in my pocket (no keys, other items, etc.) They were only about 1/16th of an inch long each (really small) but it bothered me enough that I went and did some research.

Verizon slapped one on my phone first that was just UGLY. It felt like sand paper. REALOOK is legit! Worth it 100%.

ALSO IMPORTANT: Covers ENTIRE front surface, not just "screen" portion. Makes it look nearly invisible except near the speaker!

Katnipthief

Reaction score
I Got mine at best buy, invisishield. Works awesome and they installed it for me too. I get full brightness thru it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

AllForNaught

Reaction score
BTW, this "gorilla glass" bullstuff really needs to stop. People end up ruining expensive devices because of this bologna. I got two scratches on my screen even being VERY careful of it in my pocket (no keys, other items, etc.) They were only about 1/16th of an inch long each (really small) but it bothered me enough that I went and did some research.

Verizon slapped one on my phone first that was just UGLY. It felt like sand paper. REALOOK is legit! Worth it !

The Real Look protectors are great! I second that...

...but if you're just sticking the naked phone in your pocket you're asking for trouble to begin with.

Look closely at ANY item you throw in your pocket/bag/purse and you'll see scuffs and micro scratches. Friction = damage, period.

I removed my protector about 2 months ago, and got the shell case, along with some Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer. The only thing that touches my screen are my hands, and a microfiber cloth with the solution.

My screen is still brand new looking.

But if your're gonna store/pack your phone naked, you can't beat the Real Look protectors.

Kidd_Funkadelic

Reaction score
...but if you're just sticking the naked phone in your pocket you're asking for trouble to begin with.

Look closely at ANY item you throw in your pocket/bag/purse and you'll see scuffs and micro scratches. Friction = damage, period.

I like to think of having mine in my pocket as a free smudge removal buffing :)

The only scratch I've gotten in the 3 months I've had my phone (which is still naked) was when I dropped it on the ground outside. Thankfully it landed on an edge but then fell forward landing on the screen and slid a few inches on dirt and leaves. It left a small scratch but it was a wake call to be careful. But I'm with others that the feel of the screen and the small form factor are better to me than covering it in armor when I'll be upgrading in 2 years or less anyway...

M

Mwsr

I bought a 3 pack off ebay.. they work great

jpinsl

Reaction score
The very best screen protector I've used (and I've tried many) is the Steinheil series. Your choice as to crystal clear (with some reflection) or fingerprint smudge free, not quite as clear. Both are bulletproof. My phone lives in my front pocket and I replace the protector about every six months or so.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Go naked....or the one sold by seidio is pretty good, but its gorilla glass you really have to try to sctratch it

I haven't found any source stating it is gorilla glass. If you can point me in the right direction that would be great.