Might want to get a screen protector...

jrl9851

Reaction score
On my Droid I had a screen protector on it basically its entire life. I ended up taking it off about a month ago and noticed that the screen still held up well and I didn't have one single scratch with the protector off.

With my fascinate, I decided to pass on the screen protector because I was confident I wouldn't get scratches. I'm VERY careful with my phones (more than most people), so I was very confident I wouldn't get any scratches, but today I noticed I have two very tiny fine scratches. :(

Wish I would have just went for a screen protector in the beginning now. Oh well, I just ordered realook screen protectors off ebay so I'll just have to now protect it from further scratches.

greg72

Reaction score
Interesting, I had the original Droid and the same experience. I was under the impression the SF had the Gorilla Glass like the original Droid. I got some of those anti-glare protectors and that lasted about 2 hours. hated the feel and how it destroyed the beautiful image on the screen. Been eying and thinking about getting the invisishield from Bestbuy. Was suprised they had them for the fascinate already.

soba1

Reaction score
Interesting, I had the original Droid and the same experience. I was under the impression the SF had the Gorilla Glass like the original Droid. I got some of those anti-glare protectors and that lasted about 2 hours. hated the feel and how it destroyed the beautiful image on the screen. Been eying and thinking about getting the invisishield from Bestbuy. Was suprised they had them for the fascinate already.

The Fascinate does have Gorilla glass. As far as the op. Just try a lil moisture n rub really good with a soft cloth that should take care of it.

TheShaz

Reaction score
Soba is correct - The Fascinate does have Gorilla Glass like the Moto Droid.

I had the Droid since Nov of last year, had a case to protect the rest of he device but the screen was left clear. No scratches.

The Fascinate, I also got a case to pretect the rest of the device, the phone goes in my pocket along with the keys and change and seems to be holding up as well as the Droid did.

I like the phone - light, awsome screen, waiting for ROM's to be released. I have bothered with removing Bing and the bloatware, will wait for ROMS to come out.

Another nice thing longer USB cable than the Droid :)

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I concur. I was VERY pleased to find out that the Fascinate has Gorilla Glass. I used the crappy Verizon screen protector on my original droid until I had it replaced. Went naked screen with a case after that and never had any problems.

On my Fascinate I got the soft case from verizon which gives the screen a bit of a lip so If I put it face down it's not on the glass. I don't plan on getting a screen protector.

lane32x

Reaction score
This might save some of you quite a bit of heartache in the future.
This isn't Sapphire Crystal. Gorilla glass is *not*... I repeat Gorilla Glass is NOT scratch-proof.

I owned a Cowon S9 (PMP/mp3 player) for the last year, which had the Corning Gorilla Glass on it as well. It is well-known that Gorilla glass is stronger and more resilient to scratches than regular glass, but it CAN be scratched. I can vouch for this because my screen got a tiny scratch before I decided to invest in an Invisible Shield.

I mean, in this case it's a 600 dollar phone, and what? a 20 dollar screen protector for the really nice ones? The iAudiophile (cowon) forums were littered with people crying over their scratched players. Kids and adults alike were lamenting that they didn't pay 15 bucks to buy a nice Zagg or Ghost Armor for their beloved players.

Common causes of scratches ranged from accidental contact with concrete, Keys banging up against the screen, sand particles being left in pockets after trips to the beach...it was amazing how many people were in the same boat (figuratively).

So for what it's worth, I invested in the ZAGG for my fascinate. When the screen is on you can't even tell that the player has a screen protector on it (plus, lifetime guarantee on Zagg's so that when the protector gets scratched, dimpled or mangled you get another protector for free).

Last edited:
OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Picked up the REAL LOOK screen protectors. Absolutely the best screen protectors I have ever used. You can't even tell it's on the screen.