What is the best way to communicate with an iphone user?

Bill M

Reaction score
I have google talk on my phone and I am able to send SMS messages between my friends with blackberry. Does Google talk also work on the iphone? I'm not sure that iphone can multitask so would they be notified without having the app opened?

I'm looking for a way to communicate without having to pay extra for text messaging.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have google talk on my phone and I am able to send SMS messages between my friends with blackberry. Does Google talk also work on the iphone? I'm not sure that iphone can multitask so would they be notified without having the app opened?

I'm looking for a way to communicate without having to pay extra for text messaging.

Oh the iPhone bashing opportunities in this post are tremendous.:) But i won't go there.

Ask your friend what IM client they use. In the market there are several and I'll bet one of them will work with Droid and iPhone. Another thing you can do is set up your google voice for texting. This requires a little set up and your texting won't be as fast as you'd like however. Also you would need an invite to Google Voice if you don't have it already.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use Google Talk on the iPhone and I am pretty sure it still notifies the user when a message is received.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Oh Hook, you are so right,
I am biting my tongue now with an answer for him, :icon_ devil:
But then I might have to BAN Myself !!! :icon_eek:

This one can really go a long way, But keep it civil people please!!

Oh, does iPhone do Gtalk ?
I have no idea, I have never held one in my hand.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Must resist urge to comment.....

diverbelow

Reaction score
When my wife first got her iPhone back in 6/2007 she had to log on to the GTalk URL and sign on that way, but once she went to another application or "Home" she went offline.

But there might be IM's that might have GTalk, one thing to do is a google search.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use handscent but I may tell my bro to intall google talk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Must resist urge to comment.....

Ima hold off from exploding here but im letting my bro have it right now; after he start flapping his gums about him being able to use his phone to listen to police scanners and use it as a keyboard/mouse.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I don't think there is a native google talk client for the iphone. I know that Bejive is nice on the iphone and gives you push notifications. I run it on my ipod touch.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't hold back any longer... According to Luke Wilson, the best way is to use postcards since the iphone users can't seem to get a good signal :icon_ devil:

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Iphone does not have a Gtalk client. My brother and I were trying to figure the same thing out the other day. the only thing they can do is log onto the gtalk url. (Google and apple don't necessarily get along) Im not sure they will ever get the google apps that we have.... Besides maps

Edit- and it will not notify them when they close the browser