What is the best phone case?

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by Losheau, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Losheau

Losheau New Member

What's your opinions/thoughts on your own phone cases for the Droid X ? I am looking to buy a new one I had the body glove and it is pretty messed up from 2 drops and 1 month and a half of usage.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Seidio since otterbox is taking their good ole time

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X
  3. barski

barski New Member

I'm not sure what you do but i pre-ordered a Defender Series Case from Otterbox for my DX just because im outdoors alot, hay, wrenches, dirt, and leaning up against stuff would get the best of it before long.
  4. Losheau

Losheau New Member

I am definately outdoors a lot myself too and this phone goes with me most everywhere. my brother has the otterbox case for his Droid and I like the feel of it I will take a look at those seido case and the otterbox ones.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. PCRoger

PCRoger New Member

How does the Seidio work with a car mount?

Particular car mount work best with it?

thanks
  6. milski65

milski65 Member

Droid X case

I believe the Otterbox Defender comes out on the 25th of this month. I've been very pleased with my Body Glove to date, although the belt clip cdoesn't work well if you have a thick belt. Complaint on Seidio is no inner lining on main cse, which is odd.
  7. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

there no best one but Better
  8. Droid X Case

Droid X Case New Member

I hear that the seidio case doesnt even work with their own car mount (can anyone confirm this?) But my case does work with car mounts, not because its designed to fit into it but because its easy to remove the case to fit into the car dock, but really what more could you ask for in a case? even if you had a case that fit into a certain car dock it may not work with others, why worry when you can simply take it off and have it always work with everything.

....About the time delay on otterbox (and mine) good stuff takes time! Companies like ours have reputations to hold/gain, we don't want to release a crummy product that people will hate, that's why we extensively test this stuff.
  9. cpjr

cpjr New Member

When you drive as much as I do, and get in and out of a car quite a bit.....having to take a case off everytime is quite unacceptable.

And it doesnt take this long to manufacture a case if your on the ball....its not rocket science.
  10. Droid X Case

Droid X Case New Member

Well there are no real solutions for you, you either use the universal docks with the squeeze arms or take off your case and set it into the dock. If you consider that to use the universal dock you have to adjust the arms when you put it in and turn on car dock mode manually it doesn't seem like too much of a savings to me. I can open my case and remove my phone (without rushing it) in 1... 2... 3 seconds (I just did it now). My case also converts into a vehicle mount but that takes a few more seconds to setup, 8-10 seconds to open the case, remove the phone and deploy the mount.

One must assume that most people who use their phones for navigation in their car don't use navigation all of the time, if they did they would be better served by a dedicated device, right?

Manufacturing isnt where the time goes, it takes a good 20-30 days to setup manufacturing, if there are any problems with the process and it takes even longer. You also must design, test and design some more before you get it right. I imagine that Otterbox (and the rest that didnt have a case on release day) didn't get an advance developer kit, so they had to get the real phone before they did anything about it. Also they probably didnt think it would be as popular as it turned out to be so they didnt think to make a case for it until they heard that these phones were selling out! Amzer or whoever made the first cases did a deal with motorola or verizon to get the detailed drawings/cad files/prototypes before the launch date. I assume those were auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I have been developing my case for over a month now and still have 20-30 days left until manufacturing is done. Trust me its not an easy or cheap process.
  11. PCRoger

PCRoger New Member

I have heard you can get a small magnet to attach to a mount that forces the Droid into Car Dock mode.
  12. superdesi

superdesi New Member

seidio innocase with holster. I use it with Arkon Megagrip car mount which works great. I can even record my exciting daily commute from work by using my DX as a dash cam. and the great part is everything is protected and secured!
  13. k1hog

k1hog New Member

Do any of the good cases have a belt clip, that works?

Johnnie
  14. superdesi

superdesi New Member

you can buy a seidio innocase holster combo. the holster has a pretty good belt clip, i been using it for a few weeks now. but its not like ultra tight tho. If i position it too far back on my hip and sit in the car, it'll pop right off my belt and on the ground (OUCH!) but thankfully i have the innocase on so no damage is done.
  15. pedalbrake37

pedalbrake37 New Member

I got my Innocase last Monday. I would immediately have given it 5 stars. Absolutely no problem with phone functionality.

Totally different story just 5 days later. I got into my car with the holster on. When I got out, I heard a *twang* & the cell phone hit the ground. The clip broke right at the hinge...

When my assistant called Seidio to discuss replacement, the customer service rep was rude, clearly uninterested in helping & basically blamed me for misusing the case. I believe the exact description was "he was a jerk". He gave the impression that Seidio would NOT stand behind this problem (defect or not, I only had the case for 5 days, hardly long enough to *abuse* it).

After contacting online support from Seidio, we have a ticket number, but no confirmation that Siedio will replace the broken holster.

I bought the Innocase because of good reviews & responsive customer service...Proceed with caution...
  16. superdesi

superdesi New Member

You should pm seidio on this forum whoever manages that account seems to be willing to help customers out. I personally thought their customer service was great but its concerning to see users starting to report bad experiences.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  17. LilTortillaBoy

LilTortillaBoy New Member

I also have the body glove case. I've yet to drop my phone and the corners are already wearing out fast. I would not recommend this case to anyone.

Sent from my DROIDX
  18. pedalbrake37

pedalbrake37 New Member

Update on broken belt clip, Seidio Innocase...

We did receive an RMA confirmation, but authorization was only good for 7 days. After they received the case, they would begin processing the return. We were told that after the defective clip was received, it would *only* be 2-3 weeks before we could expect the shipment of the replacement clip.

I did contact the Seidio rep on this forum, and the rep was responsive & (I believe) has made efforts to get a replacement clip to me, but it has still been 3 weeks between the time the clip broke & the time I will get a replacement.

While I am somewhat pleased with the response from member seidioseidio on this forum, my overall customer experience with Seidio is not a good one. The first customer service rep should be the ONLY customer service rep that a customer needs to deal with.

I hear that Otterbox has *finally* released their case for the Droid X...I am curious how this case holds up in real life...
  19. Captmilk

Captmilk New Member

I have a Seidio case and the case clip broke off after a couple months of use and I emailed Seidio and they sent me a replacement within a day or two. No problems.
Search tags for this page
best cell phone case for droid
best cell phone cases forum
best fit cell phone case
best phone ase

best phone case

best phone case for droid
best phone case for droid x2

best phone cases

best phone casr
good droid cell phone case
what is the best phone case