What is the best phone case?

Losheau

Reaction score
What's your opinions/thoughts on your own phone cases for the Droid X ? I am looking to buy a new one I had the body glove and it is pretty messed up from 2 drops and 1 month and a half of usage.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seidio since otterbox is taking their good ole time

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

barski

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you do but i pre-ordered a Defender Series Case from Otterbox for my DX just because im outdoors alot, hay, wrenches, dirt, and leaning up against stuff would get the best of it before long.

OP
L

Losheau

Reaction score
I am definately outdoors a lot myself too and this phone goes with me most everywhere. my brother has the otterbox case for his Droid and I like the feel of it I will take a look at those seido case and the otterbox ones.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PCRoger

Reaction score
How does the Seidio work with a car mount?

Particular car mount work best with it?

thanks

milski65

Reaction score
Droid X case

I believe the Otterbox Defender comes out on the 25th of this month. I've been very pleased with my Body Glove to date, although the belt clip cdoesn't work well if you have a thick belt. Complaint on Seidio is no inner lining on main cse, which is odd.

Droid X Case

Reaction score

thanks

I hear that the seidio case doesnt even work with their own car mount (can anyone confirm this?) But my case does work with car mounts, not because its designed to fit into it but because its easy to remove the case to fit into the car dock, but really what more could you ask for in a case? even if you had a case that fit into a certain car dock it may not work with others, why worry when you can simply take it off and have it always work with everything.

....About the time delay on otterbox (and mine) good stuff takes time! Companies like ours have reputations to hold/gain, we don't want to release a crummy product that people will hate, that's why we extensively test this stuff.

cpjr

Reaction score

thanks

I hear that the seidio case doesnt even work with their own car mount (can anyone confirm this?) But my case does work with car mounts, not because its designed to fit into it but because its easy to remove the case to fit into the car dock, but really what more could you ask for in a case? even if you had a case that fit into a certain car dock it may not work with others, why worry when you can simply take it off and have it always work with everything.

....About the time delay on otterbox (and mine) good stuff takes time! Companies like ours have reputations to hold/gain, we don't want to release a crummy product that people will hate, that's why we extensively test this stuff.

When you drive as much as I do, and get in and out of a car quite a bit.....having to take a case off everytime is quite unacceptable.

And it doesnt take this long to manufacture a case if your on the ball....its not rocket science.

Droid X Case

Reaction score

thanks

When you drive as much as I do, and get in and out of a car quite a bit.....having to take a case off everytime is quite unacceptable.

And it doesnt take this long to manufacture a case if your on the ball....its not rocket science.

Well there are no real solutions for you, you either use the universal docks with the squeeze arms or take off your case and set it into the dock. If you consider that to use the universal dock you have to adjust the arms when you put it in and turn on car dock mode manually it doesn't seem like too much of a savings to me. I can open my case and remove my phone (without rushing it) in 1... 2... 3 seconds (I just did it now). My case also converts into a vehicle mount but that takes a few more seconds to setup, 8-10 seconds to open the case, remove the phone and deploy the mount.

One must assume that most people who use their phones for navigation in their car don't use navigation all of the time, if they did they would be better served by a dedicated device, right?

Manufacturing isnt where the time goes, it takes a good 20-30 days to setup manufacturing, if there are any problems with the process and it takes even longer. You also must design, test and design some more before you get it right. I imagine that Otterbox (and the rest that didnt have a case on release day) didn't get an advance developer kit, so they had to get the real phone before they did anything about it. Also they probably didnt think it would be as popular as it turned out to be so they didnt think to make a case for it until they heard that these phones were selling out! Amzer or whoever made the first cases did a deal with motorola or verizon to get the detailed drawings/cad files/prototypes before the launch date. I assume those were auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I have been developing my case for over a month now and still have 20-30 days left until manufacturing is done. Trust me its not an easy or cheap process.

PCRoger

Reaction score
I have heard you can get a small magnet to attach to a mount that forces the Droid into Car Dock mode.

superdesi

Reaction score
seidio innocase with holster. I use it with Arkon Megagrip car mount which works great. I can even record my exciting daily commute from work by using my DX as a dash cam. and the great part is everything is protected and secured!

k1hog

Reaction score
Do any of the good cases have a belt clip, that works?

Johnnie

superdesi

Reaction score
Do any of the good cases have a belt clip, that works?

Johnnie

you can buy a seidio innocase holster combo. the holster has a pretty good belt clip, i been using it for a few weeks now. but its not like ultra tight tho. If i position it too far back on my hip and sit in the car, it'll pop right off my belt and on the ground (OUCH!) but thankfully i have the innocase on so no damage is done.

pedalbrake37

Reaction score
I got my Innocase last Monday. I would immediately have given it 5 stars. Absolutely no problem with phone functionality.

Totally different story just 5 days later. I got into my car with the holster on. When I got out, I heard a *twang* & the cell phone hit the ground. The clip broke right at the hinge...

When my assistant called Seidio to discuss replacement, the customer service rep was rude, clearly uninterested in helping & basically blamed me for misusing the case. I believe the exact description was "he was a jerk". He gave the impression that Seidio would NOT stand behind this problem (defect or not, I only had the case for 5 days, hardly long enough to *abuse* it).

After contacting online support from Seidio, we have a ticket number, but no confirmation that Siedio will replace the broken holster.

I bought the Innocase because of good reviews & responsive customer service...Proceed with caution...