What is Moto Blur?

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Oh, if only I could. I think the nearest Verizon store is like 1 hour away. So, that's why I'm asking what all is changed in Blur? what's added?
And if there's any pics of these in Blur?
For me the biggest thing is the dialer. I am so used to starting to type my contact's name on the dial pad and having matching searches show up at the top that I have trouble using the phone without it. If I had started with the AOSP dialer, I probably wouldn't miss that feature, but it is what you get used to I guess...

I'll try to get a picture of the camera later if you haven't seen it. It just seems to me to have more options and take better quality photos than the AOSP camera app does. I don't know how the quality would be affected, but it seems like it is to me.

Also the blur email app seems to have more options when connecting to an Exchange account. With the AOSP email I couldn't move an email out of deleted items, and there were a couple of other things that I have now forgotten... If I didn't have an Exchange account though, I don't know that I would see anything different between the two versions.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the stock firmware the majority of the time. While it's battery life isn't going to be as good as other slimmed down ROM's, it's not terrible. I like the Blur camera.

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I personally think the blur dialer, camera, and Exchange sync are much better than the AOSP versions. That is the main reason I haven't installed CM on my Droid X, I need to have a couple blur apps.

Agreed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums