What is best droid offered by verizon

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will take the one that's coming out next year.....maybe :)

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure a lot of people who prefer the D1 havent actually had a D2 or DX, so you can't really take someone word for it unless they've tried every phone (and not just play with it at the store for 5 mins). I know I felt the same way before I had no choice but to get a new phone. I really didn't want a D2, but after owning one for about 3 weeks, it really feels so much better than the D1 while rooted to me. I still have a lot of love for my D1 though.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Ill wait for a dual core htc phone with LTE and frontfacing camera. Every droid phone on verizon will reach end of life status in march so you'd imagine tons of incredible phones will come out

trose02

Reaction score
3G Mobile Hotspot

dw1256,

Think about the features that are must-have/like-to-have for your Droid.

For me the must-have was the ability to provide a 3G Mobile Hotspot.
Only the Motorola Droid X, Droid 2, and Samsung Fascinate currently have that ability.

Of these three the Droid X has the largest display, best camera, and HDMI out.

As has been pointed out, your must have criteria could be completely different and your phone of choice therefore completely different.

BTW - My Droid X is syncing flawlessly with our corporate Exchange 2003 server (via TouchDown) for email, calendar and contacts .

T.
edited to accomodate inclusion of Droid 2 as noted by LT* below.

Last edited:

LT*

Reaction score
dw1256,

Think about the features that are must-have/like-to-have for your Droid.

For me the must-have was the ability to provide a 3G Mobile Hotspot.
Only the Motorola Droid X and Samsung Fascinate currently have that ability.

Of these two, the Droid X has the better camera, more internal memory, DLNA support, and HDMI out.

As has been pointed out, your must have criteria could be completely different and your phone of choice therefore completly different.

BTW - My Droid X is syncing flawlessly with our corporate Exchange 2003 server (via TouchDown) for email, calendar and contacts .

T.

You can add the Droid 2 to that 3g mobile hotspot list, as that has it too.

donerico

Reaction score
Ill wait for a dual core htc phone with LTE and frontfacing camera. Every droid phone on verizon will reach end of life status in march so you'd imagine tons of incredible phones will come out
I am waiting too. My 10 month old D1 is still giving me lots of fun and all the functionality I need and then some. The current crop of new phones do not offer a significant discontinuity or technological evolution for me to upgrade now. The Droid X is a little bit tempting though, and I wouldn't complain if I get a D2 as a warranty replacement. The Fascinate does not impress me at all, and judging by the very quick drop in price I don't expect it to be a classic like the D1.

accellpo

Reaction score
Droid X by a mile! Droid 2 a distant 2nd, Droid incredible 3rd, D1 and bing flavored fascinate bringing up the rear.

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Droid 2 is the best. It has the latest software, hardware. It's fast, has a keyboard ...

The X is great if you want a big phone. The Fascinate could have been nice if they hadn't crippled it with it's goofy software. And Bing and no google navigation? It does look like a cute phone for the girls.

destroyerbmx

Reaction score
got my hands on the samsung today, I take it back, verizon killed what that phone could have been. Now its just a shell of a phone, best iPhone rip off though. I am waiting until the new dual cores and android 3.0 come out this Nov. got an upgrade waiting for that. get two lines 6 months apart and you can have any phone just about anytime. Keep an old crappy phone on the second line and you dont have to pay the $29 data charge, it came out to be just about the same price monthly w/ more min for me.