what does this mean?

cleave

Reaction score
Any ideas? I had the phone laying out in the sun for awhile but it didn't display that message then.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you have your display set to always on, and have a Bright image with strong contrast, it can cause "burn-in" where a "ghost" of the image will start to become a permanent artifiact on the display. This will happen less if the display is turned down, and also temperature (hotter is worse) will accelerate this burn-in. So Android can detect when the display is at risk of such burn-in and will dim the display in order to prevent this permanent damage.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Yikes!!! First time I've actually seen that pop up! A screen "burn-in" happens when the pixels stay lit a certain amount of time on the same image, such as a still picture! Then you will always have a "ghost image" of that screenshot even when its off.
That's why they have "screen savers" on computers and time outs on TVs. So when you left your phone out in the sun, it thought your screen was on full and overheating . It has overheat protection that will dim your screen or just temporarily shut off the phone! There's more of a technologically way to explain it, but that's the basics in a nutshell!
Maybe "FOXCAT" will come along shortly and get into more detail about it for you!! :-D Where u at Foxcat?? ? He loves this kind of stuff!!! LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
DOH!!! I new you were right behind me!!! You beat me to it while I was typing ROFL!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
DOH!!! I new you were right behind me!!! You beat me to it while I was typing ROFL!!!

:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

William_04_x

Reaction score
electricman58 said:

Banned for typing too slow!

Sorry, wrong thread. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
William_04_x said:
Banned for typing too slow!

Sorry, wrong thread. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

:-D LOL!!! I'll Ban "YOU" later gater!! ;-P

rosariorose9

Reaction score
If you have your display set to always on, and have a Bright image with strong contrast, it can cause "burn-in" where a "ghost" of the image will start to become a permanent artifact on the display...

As best I can tell, with ICS you cannot set your display to be "always on." The maximum 'on' time seems to be ten minutes...