Droid Forums

cece5702

Reaction score
Mobile version has a new look and lay out. Its kinda confusing. I think I like the old version better. Any thoughts?

DocsDad

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I just updated the app. I haven't used it yet but I did bounce around a few minutes on it. I like it so far. Seems a bit less stale. Looks like replying with quote, adding attachments and the like are still easily done. The dark color option should save battery and the private messages are easy to get.

Last edited:

hts4215

Reaction score
There does not seem to be a way to subscribe to a forum like they had it in the previous version. Instructions suggest there's a menu option bit I didn't find it.

DocsDad

Reaction score
There does not seem to be a way to subscribe to a forum like they had it in the previous version. Instructions suggest there's a menu option bit I didn't find it.

Subscribing to a thread seems easy enough using the menu. Agreed on forum subscription, the menu option described seems to be missing. Anyone find it?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I haven't tried the new DF app yet. But before you open a thread, you usually can long press on it to get the option to subscribe.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
hts4215 said:

Yes I can't seem to find it either.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
DocsDad said:
Thanks for the heads up. I just updated the app. I haven't used it yet but I did bounce around a few minutes on it. I like it so far. Seems a bit less stale. Looks like replying with quote, adding attachments and the like are still easily done. The dark color option should save battery and the private messages are easy to get.

I like the dark screen. I'm adjusting to it. I guess when I first saw it it looked like different Threads all chopped up, Lol.

Last edited:
B

bens42608

cece5702 said:
Mobile version has a new look and lay out. Its kinda confusing. I think I like the old version better. Any thoughts?

I like the old version better. This is the same layout that forum runner has

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I stand corrected, you can't subscribe before you open a thread. There is an option in the Menu once you're in the thread though.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
cereal killer said:
When you navigate to the respective forum and hit the menu key you don't see a Favorite option?

No I don't!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We are working on this issue (no way to favorite/subscribe to a forum) thanks guys!!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
What's with the ads? Now the Forum has ads at the bottom.