1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Forums App?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Kdubbjr, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

Wouldnt it be nice to have a droid forums app? The mobile version of the forums is nice but Id like an app specially made for Droids with awesome navigation.
  2. searayman

searayman New Member

I remember a little while ago there were talks about this, and i think some people started to get together but i guess nothing came of this.

I would do a search and try and find the old thread and contact the people who started to get together.
  3. gardobus

gardobus New Member

If I had a droidforums app, my battery would go to hell in a matter of minutes...
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Great part of having a webkit browser is not needing an app to view sites.... I don't bother with the mobile view... I like having a 'real' webpage :)
  5. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Oh I know, but if it was in an app that was only pulling text from the site and ran faster then I'd be in trouble but I LOVE our browser and how it can load anything. I've tried visiting forums on my BB Curve and BB Storm and it wasn't very enjoyable. I love doing it on the Droid though. Especially opening up different threads in different windows/tabs :D
  6. Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy New Member

You took the words right out of my mouth! Mobile websites are like reading magazines with no pictures!
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Yup :)
    .... I think those are called books :icon_ devil: (the ones without pictures. lol)
  8. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Hey,

well it might be usefull to guys having only 2G Network available to where they are.
    And there is a nice app from the german android forums android-hilfe.de on the market.

If ya make it like this would be cool ^^

Tigger