what does md5 mismatch mean

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i got this error when i went to reboot recovery and tried to install my backup....anyone know what it is..i couldnt install it

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Are there spaces in the title? did you put a (.) anywhere? if so remove them and try again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
MD5 is a hash of your program -- it means the program you provided is not the same program it expected. I'm guessing in this application, it means your backup is corrupt, or possibly mislabeled.....

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yes there r spaces now i guess when i was on my computer and renamed all my backups is when it happened...

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
ok problem..i just tried renaming them in clockwork recovery and when i did without spaces it is giving me a error saying error renaming your backup..Please choose a unique name for your backup... i renamed all but one and that is the one i could go to to restore....i renamed them on my computer....from what it is looking like is that u cant do this on ur computer...what can i do? i tried no spaces and it says the same thing

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Download androzip and access the files this way to rename them. You can't do it from rom manager. You'll find the files under clockwork folder.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well it let me rename one of them and it worked fine....and when i backed out of clockwork and went back in to my backups they had the underscore lines in between the spaced words now like it use to have..im gonna try it like this to see and will post back shortly..if this dont work ill try it the other way...

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Note the format for my file names, underscores may be OK I've never tried them.

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 348
OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yeah whenever i have always made them in my backup in rom manager, they always have put underscores in my names automatically..right now im having other problems trying to get my sd card to mount so ill get back to u in a minute to see if they work now

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Good luck. But this is why people don't like rom manager. Personally I think its a minor inconvenience. Live n learn lol