Need help, am using Clockwork recovery and phone is stuck on the M logo.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
Im using clockwork recovery and my phone is stuck on the M logo. I can reboot into recovery, but all my back ups that I try give me an md5 mismatch error. The phone wont actually mount sd card mass storage either. This all happened when I updated to Clockwork version 1.7.8.4. When I put an update zip on the card I get an error status 7. I cant mount the sdcard to the computer I have to take it out of the phone and load roms on it manually by inserting the card into the computer.

Reaction score
What kind of assistance are you looking for?

if your getting boot loops and cant seem to fix it then you could download a Clockwork recovery nandroid, boot into recovery, do a factory reset (twice) and follow all of the instructions for installing a new rom. that might fix the problem but its not guaranteed.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

if your getting boot loops and cant seem to fix it then you could download a Clockwork recovery nandroid, boot into recovery, do a factory reset (twice) and follow all of the instructions for installing a new rom. that might fix the problem but its not guaranteed.

I have tried to install several working clockwork nandroids, and all i get is an MD5 mismatch error. Verizon has sent me my new phone and I would like to get this back to stock before i send it back. I have followed this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html thread to a T and when it is supposed to be doing the update it does nothing.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I have tried to install several working clockwork nandroids, and all i get is an MD5 mismatch error. Verizon has sent me my new phone and I would like to get this back to stock before i send it back. I have followed this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html thread to a T and when it is supposed to be doing the update it does nothing.

So you called verizon and had them replace your phone already?
Have you attemped wiping data and cache twice in recovery before trying a nandroid restore?
Also what ROMs are you dealing with?

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

So you called verizon and had them replace your phone already?
Have you attemped wiping data and cache twice in recovery before trying a nandroid restore?
Also what ROMs are you dealing with?

Yes I have wiped data and cache till the cows came home. I have used bugless beast v.0.9 simply stunning v 2.2 and koush cyanogen latest Tom and jrummys latest version of cyanogen. All of which are working clockwork nandroids. I know they work because they all work on my new phone. With the bricked phone all I get is the md5 error.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how is it going. I am going to assume you are still stuck on the M. Hopefully you allowed your phone to charge last night.
Just to recap what you did.
You done the sbf
You tried using various roms to install update.zip
You wipe data cache
And as of now you still are stuck on the M and have clockwork recovery.

Is this correct.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright we need to run a rom with an updat.zip. UD9.0 has that, you can actually install it either through zip or nandroid. For right now lets see if we can try the UD 9.0 .zip
brb Ima paste the ROM here

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
how is it going. I am going to assume you are still stuck on the M. Hopefully you allowed your phone to charge last night.
Just to recap what you did.
You done the sbf
You tried using various roms to install update.zip
You wipe data cache
And as of now you still are stuck on the M and have clockwork recovery.

Is this correct.

That is correct, I have tried several nandroids and update zips. With the update zip I get an error status 7.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I can't try it right now I'm at work and I'm actually giving a cdl road test.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok my apologies. I will put this thread on alert and hopefully we can have some workable solutions for when you get off of work.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
ok my apologies. I will put this thread on alert and hopefully we can have some workable solutions for when you get off of work.

No apology necessary I won't be home until 7pm est so I wont be able to try it on that phone till then. I'm pretty sure I've tried an ultimate Droid rom via update zip already, but it can't hurt to give it another shot. I fear that the clockwork recovery is corrupted and won't allow any installs

xxBJONES10xx

Reaction score
will tell u what worked for me.. go to nandroid then go to the clockworkmod folder and go to petes then just start trying stuff until it comes on thats what i did