What do You Guys Think About a Nexus Smart Watch?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I find it funny that everyone is ccoming out with 'smart' watches right after everyone stopped wearing a watch. I'm old, I wear a watch, but no one I know thatis younger does anymore. The exception of course is runners so these have to do what a runner needs or will fail hard.

What's a watch?

There is obviously a market for it. When the iPod mini added the strap accessories and had watch faces that users could download and install I think we began to see a glance at the smart watch market. Be interesting to see if smart phone OEMS team up with well known watch companies to mix fashion with tech. Rolex smartwatch by Motorola or something.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
o wow... didn't realize the Smartwatch 2 got bumped to $200?!?!?
and no longer available at VZW?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I spent $60 on the original Smartwatch and it ROCKS, even though it's an inferior product to the 2.
It keeps me connected - BUT it helps me never to have to check my phone, tablet or PC. e-mail, chat, FB, Twitter? I get a discrete notification. I take a glance, decide it's not important 90% of the time, nobody notices. My phone doesn't make a sound and it stays in my pocket. Calendar reminder? I just feel my wrist vibrate and head off to whatever meeting I have. Want to see what time is it? Phone's in my pocket, again just wake up the watch.
No noise, no interruptions, no need to place my phone on the table / desk. I don't look rude by answering a phone call I shouldn't or looking at a mail that is unimportant.
Yes, it's worth it. A single day of use and I was a convert.

Comment on a review I found. Nice!
Sony Smartwatch 2 Available From MobileFun for $170, Actually Pairs With All Android Phones ? Droid Life

Sorry, Samsung, not trying to steal your thunder here...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's in the marketing. I can't even recall having seen any Sony Smartwatch commercials. I've already seen multiple Samsung/VZ ads for their new pieces. People still buy watches, and though not at the same rate as they used to, those who do so despite having a cell phone handy most of the time likely buy at a higher price point and generally have more disposable income available so I don't think this is a market that won't see any returns. I wouldn't mind having something to save me from pulling my phone out, especially if I get something like the Note or One Max, etc. If connectivity has a large enough range and I can use it on its own for things like music it would be an okay investment.

Lot of negativity for such a tech-savvy forum :p Considering how many people here buy multiple phones per year I don't think it's out of the question that a few manufacturers could talk a person or three into picking up a smartwatch of some sort.