What can I do to stop update reminders?

Slothead

Reaction score
My D1 is rooted and I now keep getting OS update reminders. I don't want to update. Is there anything I can do to keep from getting the update every time I turn my phone on?

I don't want to have to re-root, and I'm assuming I will have to after any update. It that is a bad assumption let me know.

jr313

Reaction score
if u have SPrecovery installed just hit install at will go into recovery but SPR will kill it and u wont see it anymore...it worked for me

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
if u have SPrecovery installed just hit install at will go into recovery but SPR will kill it and u wont see it anymore...it worked for me
Hey thanks Jr. I'll check that out. What root program did you use (and do you think it makes any difference)?

jr313

Reaction score
I actually used rsd lite and spf file to root my droid the 2nd time, its pretty easy that way...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
Constant update reminders with Droid 1

I have SPRecovery on rooted Droid 1 2.2 FRG22D. I still get nags to update. I let it try to update, SPRecovery blocks the update but I get another reminder in about a week. Is there a way to make it stop reminding me altogether? It is a pain to have to reboot the phone each time the reminder comes up.

Hey thanks Jr. I'll check that out. What root program did you use (and do you think it makes any difference)?

jr313

Reaction score
Yes upgrade to a 2.2.1 rom and you wont see the reminder again just like guidot said...

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
Thanks! One last question: I am using a P3 Kernel that clocks to 1GHz and I use set CPU to drop the speed as low as 125MHz when the display is off. It really helps the battery life. Will the ROM below work with the P3 Kernel and I assume I use the Deodexed?

Thanks much,

Joe

Yes. Change to an updated ROM.

If you are looking for stock style try this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/104030-rooted-stock-odexed-deodexed-frg83d.html

Otherwise, if you are looking for custom, there are many other options.

jr313

Reaction score
Sure just install the rom and then add your kernal same as before..most kernals are insterchangeable you should be fine and you wont get thise pesky alerts anymore

Sent from a galaxy far far away