What can cost me?

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
While im not exactly new, but new to posting on these forums. My question is I just got the droid this past sunday(great phone, love it) but my main concern is what can cost me extra. I have looked into buying apps but I know I wont due to no credit card. But I have an unlimited plan of data and unlimited texting and minutes I believe are 500 blah blah or whatever for verizon-point is I rarely make calls. So my concern is what extra stuff on this phone can cost me such as Google Voice? or just google maps Im just worried of over paying come bill time. Thanks Im just alittle worried is all!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Nothing can really cost you extra unless you use your Droid to do some shopping on Amazon.com or something. :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid since November. The only things I've ever paid extra for was Weatherbug Elite, GDE Home and Beautiful Widgets. Only Beautiful Widgets I still use. The grand total of those 3 programs was probably about $6. Most applications have a "lite" version and you get ad-supported programs to try out. There is so much that won't cost you anything, or if you do pay for something the cost is minimal...like the price of a cup of coffee.

jacobrv

Reaction score
Apps obviously can cost you, but also Verizon's Visual Voicemail will cost you. Google's Visual Voicemail wont, but Verizon's will.

Data - $30/m unlimited.
GPS - Service is free, apps can cost. Though Google Maps is free.
Voice - Just stay under your limit.
3rd party texting apps. Usually send through your regular texts so unlimited.

Nothing else I can really think of. I've done just about everything I can with my phone (even tethering, though you are supposed to pay extra for that) and haven't been charged extra.