Verizon Plans?

Behave

Reaction score
Im in the market for a Droid X, and ive only recently started to look into companies. I used to pretty much just StraightTalk for $45 a month for everything you can think of. But, ive realized that Verizon seems like a good deal, but extra money for the smart phoning? This a quote of what I wanted.

This was taken off the AmazonWireless site:
The Droid X: $49.99
Standard Unlimited Talk: $69.99
Text: Unlimited Mobile to Mobile plus 500 messages? (What does this mean?):$10
Unlimited Smartphone Browsing and Such:$30

Excluding the Droid X, it is $110.00 a month w/o taxes? A little ridiculous, but I guess it could be worth it for a smart phone.

Anyways, I went by Verizon themselves, and the guy said that it could be close to $145 a month for everything I listed. Where did he get some extra numbers from?

Anyways, is there a way I can go by Droid and ask them to price match the cost of a smartphone to, lets say, T-Mobile?

Or can you try to get a lower price? I heard from a friend a while back say that they asked to lower there monthly charges, and they did.

Well, sorry to seem like a total noob here, but I have no one else to ask without giving me a dishonest answer. Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
gotta pay to play...

owning a smartphone isn't cheap by any means, but i think the guy at verizon might've given you the unlimited text and possibly tethering plan? Unless they offer different plans.

i doubt they'll price match a different carrier, but i never asked. I don't know if you're employed or not, but see if you get any discounts. Talk and be friendly with the Verizon people and they'll try and help you out a little.

edit: the verizon employee also probably gave you the activation fee. when i went to go pick up my Incredible last week the employee even forgot to tell me about the mail-in rebate until i had that look of confusion on my face. sometimes they forget

cloud12077

Reaction score
If you just need 1 phone, then:

$89.99 for Unlimited Talk and Text
$29.99 for Smartphone (Unlimited Data)

Total is 119.98 before taxes

Unlimited mobile to mobile texting means. Anyone that is on verizon you can text without it coming off your 500 messages.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have 450 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data for $75. I use GV for text, so I save $20 a month.